Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MediaMonkey for Android Help

Post by rusty »

MediaMonkey for Android Help and Q&A are now available at:
MediaMonkey for Android Online help
MediaMonkey for Android Knowledgebase
MediaMonkey for Android Developer Documentation

Please post to this thread if you notice any errors or omissions.

Thanks.

-Rusty
eskimoalva

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help

Post by eskimoalva »

The last link (knowledgebase) gives a 404 error. Is it supposed to be this link instead?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ebase/List
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

eskimoalva wrote:The last link (knowledgebase) gives a 404 error. Is it supposed to be this link instead?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ebase/List
Thank you, I fixed the link.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

The MMA help page for Play back ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... :_Playback )
is different from the MMA screen, and there's no doc that explains what the buttons (icons) do.

For example, I just want to play all the tracks in a given Play list, INSTEAD OF whatever is playing.
Do I:
1) go INTO the playlist, and select "Shuffle All" (the "Play" triangle button) on the upper right?
2) or do I press-hold the Playlist to get a checkbox, then choose one of the FOUR seemingly similar buttons on the bottom? (the Help page describes 2, but they're different icons, so it's not clear what the mapping is, if any)
3) but what do these buttons do? The use visually similar icons, but I'm guessing they do semantically different things (maybe?)
Like, do they ADD tracks to the "Currently Playing"?
Or do they REPLACE the "Currently Playing"?
Do they actually CHANGE a Playlist? IF they do, does this changed playlist get synced back? (I HOPE not, as I use only Smart Playlists, and those shouldn't change - but I got a notification on Sync that it was updating playlists!!)

Is there a way to say "Sync Ratings back to MMW, but not Playlist changes"?

Thanks,
Bruce
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Quick Shuffle (top right) will play all listed files, but add them randomized (shuffled) to the Now Playing. Long press on files will allow you to select which files (or all) should be played and has options to like play as listed. The bottom left Play buttons have options to Play files (which plays them right away) or Play last which adds them to the end of the current Now Playing files.

Play options do not change the Playlist, it changes the Now Playing which isn't synced.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

Thanks for the quick reply - that's close to what I had guessed.

BUT, I have 4 playlist options (out of6) at the bottom if I do a long press.
Maybe this is because I have the MMA beta loaded?

The icons are:
1) Arrow to the top of the list
Assume this is "Play now, as-is, replacing current Now Playing"
2) Arrow pointing to the middle of the list
Is this "Insert randomly into the Now Playing (keeping current Now Playing)"?
3) Arrow pointing to the bottom of the list
Assume this is "Add to the end of Now Playing (keeping current Now Playing)"?
4) List with square bullets for each line
No idea.....LOL

ALSO: The Icon order is different in Playlists (Trash is 4th) than in Artist/Albums (Trash is 5th, swapped with 4th position) .....they should at least be consistent.

See my confusion?
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, the beta has new options and thus the help is outdated as it covers the current release.

In the beta there is Play Now (1), Play Next (after current playing song) (2) and Play Last (3). Number 4 is Add to Playlist.
mediamonkeychick

Post by mediamonkeychick »

On the Android app Playstore section, it says that you must have MM for Windows 4.1.5.1725+ in order to use Wi-Fi Sync. I have MM gold for Windows v 4.1.5.1719 and when I check for update in the program it says that I have the latest version. How would I get a later version?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Because there is no newer version ... except for the BETA as I have suggested
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mediamonkeychick

Okay, thanks. I just found it confusing that in order to use the WiFi transfer you have to use a version that is not on the download section - seems an odd thing to put on the app page. No problem. Just thought I was missing something. I can never remember how to update my Gold version each time unless I go through the 'check for updates', as it seems that I have no way to download without going through the Gold purchase otherwise. I'll stick with what I have.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's not true, wifi sync has been available for many versions. However specific MMA release may require specific MMW releases.
mediamonkeychick

Okay, I know that. But why say that a version that is apparently not available for download is required for this to work?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It is in the Beta forum.
mediamonkeychick

Thanks
messenger1283

Re: MediaMonkey for Android - file handling (basics?)

Post by messenger1283 »

I am a long time user of MediaMonkey on my PC. Love it! I recently adopted a Motorola XOOM tablet, running Android 4.1.2 and I would like to use mediamonkey as my media player. I am very experienced in manually moving files around and modifying file properties to organize my thousands of files on my PC, but this android world is a mystery! Help - please?

I downloaded some podcast files (NPR's " Serial" - mp3 format) and moved these onto the root of an SD card (sdcard1). I finally figured out how to see them in MediaMonkey Pro 1.1.3.0502 - using "Folders" from the home screen - that was going to be my original question, how to find them - what are the basics to handling files? How do I get these files to be seen under the "Podcasts" and/or "Artists & Album Artists" and/or "Albums" views? If I manually move files into a directory/folder how do I get MediaMonkey to update it's database to see them like it does on a PC?

or, am I (only supposed) to deal with this device like an ipod - syncing and such...