MediaMonkey for Android Help

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: MediaMonkey for Android - file handling (basics?)

Post by nohitter151 »

messenger1283 wrote:I am a long time user of MediaMonkey on my PC. Love it! I recently adopted a Motorola XOOM tablet, running Android 4.1.2 and I would like to use mediamonkey as my media player. I am very experienced in manually moving files around and modifying file properties to organize my thousands of files on my PC, but this android world is a mystery! Help - please?

I downloaded some podcast files (NPR's " Serial" - mp3 format) and moved these onto the root of an SD card (sdcard1). I finally figured out how to see them in MediaMonkey Pro 1.1.3.0502 - using "Folders" from the home screen - that was going to be my original question, how to find them - what are the basics to handling files? How do I get these files to be seen under the "Podcasts" and/or "Artists & Album Artists" and/or "Albums" views? If I manually move files into a directory/folder how do I get MediaMonkey to update it's database to see them like it does on a PC?

or, am I (only supposed) to deal with this device like an ipod - syncing and such...
I believe seeing tracks as other types of files requires syncing from MM on windows.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Onlyzen

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help

Post by Onlyzen »

Wireless sync of track metadata, playlists, play history, and ratings.Support for Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, ...Supports replay gain, bookmarks, quickshuffle, 3rd party scrobblers.UPnP/DLNA client with download manager.Contextual functions for single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, playlist management, delete, use as ringtone, share, edit).
pstrg

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help - image issue

Post by pstrg »

I have a question that would be much better illustrated by a screen capture.
Used the recommended image service but this warning in red always appears when I try to preview:

"You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove ibb<dot>co"

What I'm trying to insert is merely

I'm I doing something wrong?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

New users can't post URL's to prevent spam, but if you post it as http: // img. bb/jihwe43 we can fix it for you.
pstrg

Post by pstrg »

Evaluating MediaMonkey.
Please refer to the line in yellow that afaik is not something generated by the UPnP server, but by MediaMonkey itself.

Please refer to (imgBB) image https://i.ibb.co/f4cfLzt/Screenshot-202 ... isplay.jpg, which is a screen capture of MediaMonkey displaying some of the available performances of a single piece of music (Beethoven's Triple Concerto) on a media server.

On each entry
- the 1st line (in white) displays a server-generated string - a slightly modified (by server) concatenation of Soloist • Ensemble • Conductor (slightly modified [TPE1] • [TPE2] • [TPE3]);
- the 2nd line (in yellow) displays the contents of the Artist field [TPE1] (this particular piece has 3 soloists - MediaMonkey correctly displayed each of them separated by ", ";
- however, when [TPE1] is empty, MediaMonkey displays Composer [TCOM] instead.
(Don't bother with "^" in strings: it's just a way of avoiding commas as separators)

Given that:
1) Performers (soloists, ensembles and conductor) are already displayed in white (by way of this particular server, of course)
2) Inserting a line that may display either soloists only (while omitting both ensemble and conductor) or composer is somewhat confusing,

for the sake of neatness (and readability), is there some way for the user to omit the 2nd line altogether or, better still, replace it by some other user-defined information?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The second line displays Album Artist which is different than Artist (although for many tracks they may have the same value).

Album + Album Artist defines what tracks belong to an Album whereas Artist defines who performs the track.
pstrg

Post by pstrg »

"The second line displays Album Artist which is different than Artist (although for many tracks they may have the same value).
Album + Album Artist defines what tracks belong to an Album whereas Artist defines who performs the track."

Understood.
In other words, the second line tries to match the usual way non-Classical music collections are organized.

My 2 cents:
Perhaps addressing the needs of classical music users could be economically sound (at least it would fill a gap), since a small percentage of billions of Android users could result in a sufficiently large number - just guessing, you should know better as a developer of commercial software.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I just moved all my music from Galaxy A51 [SD Card] to Galaxy S22+. I did this via USB sync with MM5 to S22+. I was testing removing some albums in MM5 [being careful to remove from both database and hard drive] and then doing a Sync Now in MMA. The albums are still there in MMA and on internal storage. Are there specific settings in MMA that need to be checked off?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you delete files from MMW you need to set the delete option in the Device Profile to delete all media files. Otherwise it can only remove files that are in MMW, but no longer on the Sync List.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:41 pm If you delete files from MMW you need to set the delete option in the Device Profile to delete all media files. Otherwise it can only remove files that are in MMW, but no longer on the Sync List.
Is this Sync List (Library -> Device),
Delete other files and playlists from 'Frederick's S22+',
and now which setting to use?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to set it to delete other files as well. Do be cautious when reviewing the suggested files for deletion, that only files you want removed are removed by Sync.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:54 am Yes, you need to set it to delete other files as well. Do be cautious when reviewing the suggested files for deletion, that only files you want removed are removed by Sync.
Thanks! I still have the Galaxy A51 profile, but disabled. If I had thought of it, I would have seen where to check and so on in the S22+ profile. I am getting a dialog in MMA about which files due to the sync are going to be deleted?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're asking, yes on wifi Sync the dialog will be shown in MMA, for USB Sync it will be shown in MMW.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:43 pm If you're asking, yes on wifi Sync the dialog will be shown in MMA, for USB Sync it will be shown in MMW.
I was thinking about what you said about deleting files in the list. Be careful.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:54 am Yes, you need to set it to delete other files as well. Do be cautious when reviewing the suggested files for deletion, that only files you want removed are removed by Sync.
I just deleted a 2 CD album in MMA. I thought I was removing a "Now Playing" list. No easy way to retrieve deleted files in MMA? You just have do another "Sync Now" - assuming you have the files in MM5 ready to sync