[REQ] Sorting artists by number of songs (of that artist) in descending order

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

xavdeman

[REQ] Sorting artists by number of songs (of that artist) in descending order

Post by xavdeman »

After asking the helpdesk to be sure, we came to the conclusion that this is not currently possible in MMA, so here is the feature request:

I only put the music I actually like on my phone.

Please add a sorting option to make it possible to sort the 'Artists' list in MediaMonkey for Android by number of songs per artist I have stored on my phone. In this way users can quickly see which artists I have the most music by. I couldn't find a Sort Order button in the Artists tab like there is in Windows.

The same request could be made for the Albums tab, as it too doesn't allow to sort by number of songs from each Album on the phone :(

Kind regards,
xavdeman

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Sorting artists by number of songs (of that artist) in descending order

Post by xavdeman »

Does anyone know if this is possible by now? To show the top artists (by number of songs I have of them)?

(I don't want to make a new topic as the rules say:" "Don't create posts that are duplicates of others or if the subject already exists")
Andre_H

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Sorting artists by number of songs (of that artist) in descending order

Post by Andre_H »

xavdeman wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 pm Please add a sorting option to make it possible to sort the 'Artists' list in MediaMonkey for Android by number of songs per artist I have stored on my phone.
It's just a workaround, but you can do this in MMW: Set up an auto-playlist with your filter and sortings, and sync that playlist to MMA. This playlist will not update dynamically on your phone, it will need to be updated by re-syncing, but it might be a start.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView