Copy an paste of images not working [#15054]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Madir

Copy an paste of images not working [#15054]

Post by Madir »

Hey,

I use MediaMonkey for years and to manage my collection I often take covers from websites using Firefox, choose "Copy Image" from the menu, and paste them in the MM Cover tab. This morning I tried to add some cover but the paste option is greyed out. Even when I open the file properties and try to paste there it will not work (greyed out too). I can paste the images in other applications like Paint.

I use MediaMonkey 4.1.21.1875, Windows Pro 10.0.17134 and Firefox ESR 52.9.0. I didn't do an update of MM since the last time it worked but I'm not sure about Windows and Firefox Updates.

Please help me, I really need this option to manage my collection.

Best regards

Update: I just found out that copy and paste using Microsoft Edge works... So that is I kind of workaround for the moment but I want to continue using Firefox
Peke

Re: Copy an paste of images not working

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just checked with FF 56.0 and it worked with both copy Image and paste in MMW. Not sure if you knew but you cana Drag and Drop image directly to MMW Art And Details eg. Select track you want to add Album art -> Choose selected in Art and Details and Drag and Drop Image from FF to Art and details window. That should init add Artwork Dialog.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Madir

Post by Madir »

Thanks for the reply. The Drag and Drop only works at the properties dialog and would take much more time. But I found it on my own:

I had a look at the clipboard data and it shows, that Firefox is copying JPEG files as ".jfif" and this is not recognized by MediaMonkey. The reason ist the Registry at:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type\image/jpeg
the Value Extention is set to .jfif

It seems that Firefox is using this for the functions copy image and save image. By changing the value to .jpg everything works again.

So in fact MediaMonkey does not recognize the .jfif extension for JPEG. I hope this will be fixed in an Update. Or should I provide a bug report?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I still can't replicate, see this video while I managed daughter files.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
Madir

Re: Copy an paste of images not working [#15054]

Post by Madir »

Thank you Peke.

I rechecked the Drag and Drop and you are right, it works but only if the picture does not provide a link. E.g. go to google image search and try to drag a picture from the results. This will only work if you open the properties dialog in MM.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you please make small video that will show the issue as I'm not being able to replicate. I wonder are you sure that you are not Dragging URL Link but actual Picture?

EG. Drag it to open new tab and it should open a image not destination URL? Also if it opens image try drug it again?
Best regards,
Peke
Madir

Post by Madir »

You are totally right, this only happens when there is an URL. But somehow it works using Properties...

I know my example in the video is not good. Dragging the big picture (not an URL) would work. I just use it to show the different behaviour of properties dialog and the art window.

I also added the initial problem in the video.

https://streamable.com/j6jyn
Oztours

Post by Oztours »

Just updated to the latest MM5 (5.0.3.2627) and this bug occurred. I use drag and drop as well as copy and paste, usually from Faststone Image Viewer but copy and paste also works from Photoshop.

The suggestion from above fixed the issue.

I had a look at the clipboard data and it shows, that Firefox is copying JPEG files as ".jfif" and this is not recognized by MediaMonkey. The reason ist the Registry at:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type\image/jpeg

It seems that Firefox is using this for the functions copy image and save image. By changing the value to .jpg everything works again.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
THX for reporting added to analyze even it work for us https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19136

we will try to figure out something.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Oztours wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:40 am Just updated to the latest MM5 (5.0.3.2627) and this bug occurred. I use drag and drop as well as copy and paste, usually from Faststone Image Viewer but copy and paste also works from Photoshop.

The suggestion from above fixed the issue.

An update we checked and for all of us it works normally, JFIF support was added during fixing https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15054 for both MM4 and MM5 and it is working.

Can you please record small video so that we can see exact steps and try to replicate, also URL to Image you are trying to copy could help alongside the video screen capture.
Best regards,
Peke