New guy - need help syncing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Buckster

New guy - need help syncing

Post by Buckster » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi, all.

Online research led me to MediaMonkey as a solution for curating my digital music collection on my laptop and syncing it to my phone (which is a Samsung Galaxy S8). I don't want to have to spend hours and hours to learn every last feature/function - just want to start by getting my music onto my phone and, therby, being able to listen to it in the car.

I'd like some guidance on where I'm going wrong. When I try to sync between the phone and laptop, it seems that the darn thing wants to upload all the pictures on my phone to the laptop! Doesn't even recognize or care about music files.

If there's a step-by-step guide to setting this up, I'd appreciate a link. Or if anyone wants to take this goofball under their wing and walk me through it, that would be wonderful and you'd have my eternal gratitude. Thanks!

Lowlander

Re: New guy - need help syncing

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:58 pm

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

MediaMonkey only does audio and video, so the only way I can see this happen is if your device has associated the image files with the Audio files as Artwork. Which version of MMA and MMW and how are you confirming it's sync images from device to PC? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Buckster

Post by Buckster » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Hey, there. Thanks for the response. I did finally get the syncing figured out somewhat. The app downloaded all kinds of stuff from my PC.

Then, I updated the library on my PC, removing several albums that I didn't want. I synced the phone app... and they're still there.

Buckster

Post by Buckster » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 pm

No sooner did I post my last comment than I FOUND how to delete the tracks I didn't want anymore via sync.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:09 pm

By default MediaMonkey doesn't remove files from the device that have been removed from the MMW library. You'll need to set it to delete all media files in the Device Profile to accomplish this.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)