Fingerprinting Issues - hanging [#16800]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

cuetipper

Fingerprinting Issues - hanging [#16800]

Post by cuetipper »

I seem to be having issues while fingerprinting. I have 5700+ tracks and i start to autotag, after 100 or so corrections it stops until I check the tick boxes on the visible tracks and choose the "Tag & continue" radio button. Then the next 100 or so load, after that it hangs. When I restart it does not pick up where it left off so I have been unable to complete the process.

Any Ideas?
cuetipper

Media Monkey 5 Auto tag

Post by cuetipper »

Is there a wiki or instruction s as to best practices on how to use the Auto tag interface?
cuetipper

Autotag interface

Post by cuetipper »

So I choose about 100 songs and run Autotag. I can see the status change from fingerprinting to processing to done. However many times when done it still lacks the lyrics and art work. If I update the files [tag and continue] they do not have those fields saved. If i wait however for five minutes or so those fields normally do update.

I think the DONE flag should wait until all the required fields have been completed.
Lowlander

Re: Autotag interface

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that if you do wait the data does get downloaded?
cuetipper

Meta data look up

Post by cuetipper »

The auto-tag feature will only process 100 or so tracks at a time. And then you need to review and tick each track prior to updating the info. This feature should be renamed as batch tag from web. And a true auto-tag feature added added that will go thru all selected tracks and update them automatically as it finds the info.

I was just working with aprox 7800 tracks - at 100 a time it is labor intensive.
I have 65k+ to go.

A true auto tag would be very helpful........
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

We could add something like 'Auto-tag in background' ... added to my TODO
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
cuetipper

Post by cuetipper »

Awesome
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander

Re: Fingerprinting Issues - hanging [#16800]

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please capture the crash in a debug log (step 4b) and either PM me or attach it to a Support Ticket if you're not comfortable share it here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643
MrGG

Post by MrGG »

i was having problems with fingerprinting hanging on mediamonkey. so, i tried something different. i created a new folder naming it music 2. i selected all the music out of my old music folder and copied and pasted it into the new music 2 folder. (important do not cut and paste,) it must be copied and pasted. if the copy stops or hangs, the file that it hangs on is quite probably a bad/corrupt file. i would suggest you throw that MP3 file away and replace it. continue where the copy left off after the hang-up with the next file. i found that mediamonkey does not like bad files and will hang on each and every single one of your MP3's that is bad . after you finish copying your music to the new file folder you can rename the music 2 folder to whatever you want.
this work exceptionally well for me.
i hope it does the same for you.
MrGG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please provide any problematic files to Support. This will allow a developer to analyze what the problem with the files and if MediaMonkey can handle it better.