Wishlist: Better audiobook features [#5924]
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:03 am
I haven't really found a good desktop player for audiobooks, so it would be VERY nice if MediaMonkey was able to handle audiobooks in a way that lets you actually listen to them on the desktop.
Here are my two must-haves, based on the Android app Smart Audiobook Player, which I use:
Now, this is obviously a wishlist feature and I don't expect it to have any level of high priority. But it would be very nice to have in the future.
Here are my two must-haves, based on the Android app Smart Audiobook Player, which I use:
- Ability to recognize chapters of an audiobook. I believe that MM should treat an audiobook like an album, with each disc (or chapter) treated as one track. Sometimes audiobooks are in one .m4b file with the chapters tagged inside the file, or multiple standard audio files in their own folder. The regular Next/Previous File seek buttons would work to skip between disc/chapters.
- Ability to skip left and right in the track by small margins of time. This could be accomplished by adding 10-second and 1-minute skip buttons, like in the Smart Audiobook layer app, OR by improving the fine-control ability of scrolling on the seek bar. (Currently, for a 9-hour audiobook, scrolling the mouse wheel on the seek bar moves the track in increments of 5 minutes.) Or both.
Now, this is obviously a wishlist feature and I don't expect it to have any level of high priority. But it would be very nice to have in the future.