Minilyrics support?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

mikeyp

Re: Minilyrics support?

Post by mikeyp »

If you still need to do karaoke, then Minilyrics works with Windows Media Player.
sabiorey

Post by sabiorey »

I guess my solution (since I own both MediaMonkey 4 & 5, as well as minilyrics) is to install all of the above, primarily use MediaMonkey 4 for my music listening needs (I find MediaMonkey 5 to be too clunky and far less functional than 4 anyway), while using MediaMonkey 5 only to update my music on my personal devices....which is the ONLY reason that I purchased 5 in the first place.
Bill Kelter

Addon

Post by Bill Kelter »

why will minilyrics not work on mmw5
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Bill Kelter wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:08 pm why will minilyrics not work on mmw5
It was not ported to MM5 by developer.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
spoewi

Post by spoewi »

please ... I want minilryics back in MM5
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it is out of our hands as we were not original developer for either plugin nor MiniLyrics :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
zoom38

Post by zoom38 »

If someone likes and/or wants Media Monkey why suggest using another player as I saw someone do in another post. I too want MM5 to support MiniLyrics. It is by far the best little lyric app out there. I've been using it for years and love it. So it seems that MM5 doesn't allow it to work, its not the developer of MiniLyrics. In fact I don't think they update or maintain the app anymore but it works great with MM4 and other media players. Once the "gen_MiniLyrics.dll" file is in the folder in which the MM4 exe file is in, one could then start MM4, goto: "Tools/Options/Player-General Plugins" click on the file and configure it. MiniLyrics will then work with MM4.

Unfortunately, the developers of MM5 decided to remove that capability. Maybe because they have their own lyric add-on embedded in the player. They had it in MM4 and still allowed MiniLyric to operate with it so I'm a bit confused why they removed the capability. MM4/MM5's built in lyric add-on is nice and convenient but inferior to MiniLyric, IMO.

I don't think that MM4 or MM5 are great but since I've been using MM4 for years and am transitioning from Win7 to Win10, I wanted to upgrade to MM5. Personally I don't care for it, then again I haven't played with it too much because I've spent hours trying to get MiniLyrics to work with it but since there is no support for MiniLyrics, I went back to MM4. Upon reintalling MM4, MiniLyrics didn't work upon initial setup until i performed the steps listed in the last sentence in paragraph #1 above.

Support MiniLyric, I'll go back to MM5 and hey, maybe I will like it so much that I go for the gold!!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

zoom38 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:23 pm Unfortunately, the developers of MM5 decided to remove that capability. Maybe because they have their own lyric add-on embedded in the player. They had it in MM4 and still allowed MiniLyric to operate with it so I'm a bit confused why they removed the capability. MM4/MM5's built in lyric add-on is nice and convenient but inferior to MiniLyric, IMO.
Hi there, I completely understand your frustration, especially when it seems like we intentionally removed functionality because I also hate when that happens. I'd just like to clarify that this is not the case. MM5 included a massive rewrite of code, removing some backwards compatibility in order to make new addons significantly easier to make and more flexible (and to allow MM5 to be cross platform in the future). The removal of MiniLyrics support wasn't intentional; it was a byproduct of the changes made between MM4 and 5. Adding MiniLyrics support back is on the to-do list, but we don't have a ton of development resources and it may take a while. Sorry again for that, but I hope this at least answers your confusion as to *why* it's currently not supported.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ar2ro

Post by Ar2ro »

Please work on the Minilyrics support.
spoewi

Post by spoewi »

mr.
I want to pay for the plugin MM5 minilyrics
christopher.wanko

Post by christopher.wanko »

drakinite wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:51 am Adding MiniLyrics support back is on the to-do list, but we don't have a ton of development resources and it may take a while.
I don't want to presume, but if you made the lyrics window detachable in the same way as visualization, then it could float amidst the main screen, and that might be a good mitigation until LRC support arrives (which as I continue to make assumptions, would have some key indexing needed to scroll as the song progresses).

-C
toptip

Post by toptip »

christopher.wanko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:23 pm
drakinite wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:51 am Adding MiniLyrics support back is on the to-do list, but we don't have a ton of development resources and it may take a while.
I don't want to presume, but if you made the lyrics window detachable in the same way as visualization, then it could float amidst the main screen, and that might be a good mitigation until LRC support arrives (which as I continue to make assumptions, would have some key indexing needed to scroll as the song progresses).

-C
I agree that separating the lyrics window from the main screen would be a good solution.
betandreas review
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

toptip wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:59 am
christopher.wanko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:23 pm

-C
I agree that separating the lyrics window from the main screen would be a good solution.
Sorry for the late response! I'm going through all my unread notifications currently. This is already possible if you install our Undock Panels addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... k-playing/
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.