Code Monkey - A customizable dark skin inspired by Visual Studio

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

zombiefly

Re: Code Monkey - A dark skin inspired by Visual Studio

Post by zombiefly »

drakinite wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 pm Yup! You can use a web safe font (https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_websafe_fonts.asp) or do what TIV73 did and put your font file inside the skin and define its URL in skin_base_add.less (lines 37 and 38)
great stuff, i'll have a twiddle :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
TIV73

Re: Code Monkey - A customizable dark skin inspired by Visual Studio

Post by TIV73 »

I just noticed that the new version of the addon (or any other versions, for that matter) is not actually available in the mediamonkey addons section right now. My best guess is that it's because I slightly updated the addon description which caused the entire addon to be hidden until it's re-approved.

In the meantime you can still get the latest version from github.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Strange it should not disable whole addon, just version till it gets verified.

Done, all is back to normal now. Let us know if happens again.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

The new upgraded version:
  • I didn't mess with the colour because it already seems perfect for me
  • and I am OK with the default font size, but adjustment is good if I am viewing it with another person
  • was good to be able to drain the colour out of the top tab ... I necer did like that
thanks
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@TIV73

Great skin, great to let the user do the configuration. (3.0.57)
What I'm still missing is the font selection.

For me I changed the font to "Arial" in the "skin_base_add".
body {
font-family: Arial, Consolas, sans-serif;
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

There are a couple of things I consider a core part of the skin e.g. the overall color scheme where everything is a shade of dark (or maybe in the future bright) grays with accent colors to highlight elements. The font is the same since it has a major impact on the overall look and feel of the skin.

Maybe if I get tired of the current font sometime in the future I'll think about making it configurable from the options menu. And even then it's probably just going to be a couple of hand-picked choices that I consider to be a good fit for the skin, not a general selection. But at the moment I have no plans to change the font or to make it changeable (from the customization panel).
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

If it were me, I would make it a toggle between the monospace font you chose and a nice-looking sans serif font. That way, people who like the color scheme but don't like the monospace will probably be happy.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

ONE skin for 100 tastes, not just for the inventor's.
What potential would that have.

EIN Skin für 100 Geschmäcker, nicht nur für den des Erfinders.
Was hätte das für Potential.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

The CodeMonkey skin does not display the MM5 status unless the Player panel is visible.
This Mantis report has a comment saying that the fault is likely to be in the CodeMonkey skin.

Could you look into this please?
The only way to cancel a Sync operation is via a right click on the Status Bar.
A CodeMonkey user, who has disabled the Player panel, probably doesn't even know that MM5 has a Status Bar.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Can confirm that on Code Monkey, the status bar is not visible when the Player is disabled.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 pm Can confirm that on Code Monkey, the status bar is not visible when the Player is disabled.
Same thing with Monkey Grove btw.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

This is a situation that involves rocks and hard places. The problem is basically that mediamonkey expects a container with a certain ID to display the progress bar. If a skin defines said container (like codemonkey and monkey groove do) mediamonkey will use it, otherwise it just creates a new one at the bottom of the window on the fly.

There aren't many spots that I could, feasibly, attach that container to since the player is the only thing that's actually defined by the skin. I tried injecting the container into some other elements, but that has been unsuccessful so far and I'm not sure these other elements are already available when the skin is initiated.

I implemented a stopgap fix where I handle the container creation similar to how Mediamonkey does it when no container is defined and attached it to the bottom of the document body, just with a slight offset which should mostly prevent it from clipping into other elements. It's not the prettiest of solutions, but at least it's something for the time being.

Thing is - this issue affects every skin in some way or another, including the ones that ship with mediamonkey. They either attach the progress bar to an element that could be customized away by the user, or they don't and mediamonkey creates a temporary progress bar that can overlap with other elements. It's really one or the other at the moment.

Maybe it could be worth investigating if the issue can be handled on a lower level, either by attaching it to a different element or temporarily pushing elements up or something. But there's a ticket already, so I guess it's being looked into anyway.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

TIV73 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am I implemented a stopgap fix where I handle the container creation similar to how Mediamonkey does it when no container is defined and attached it to the bottom of the document body, just with a slight offset which should mostly prevent it from clipping into other elements. It's not the prettiest of solutions, but at least it's something for the time being.
Thanks for looking at this.
Look forward to seeing it when it is released.
It is not really a problem that it is not pretty. It can't be more ugly than the default skin, which is shipped with MM5.

I don't really need to read the message fully. It serves to:
  • provide proof of life during a long sync task ... is more reassuring the the spinning wheel because at least I can see it is progressing through the files
  • and it offers the Cancel Task option via its right click menu
TIV73 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am Thing is - this issue affects every skin in some way or another, including the ones that ship with mediamonkey. They either attach the progress bar to an element that could be customized away by the user, or they don't and mediamonkey creates a temporary progress bar that can overlap with other elements. It's really one or the other at the moment.

Maybe it could be worth investigating if the issue can be handled on a lower level, either by attaching it to a different element or temporarily pushing elements up or something. But there's a ticket already, so I guess it's being looked into anyway.
That Mantis Ticket is going nowhere. It has been closed without action; "no change required".
I will see if I can reawaken that.

I think that you are saying that there is auto-fall-back, where MM creates a "temporary progress back that can overlap with other elements" in a situation where the skin hasn't done something proactive ...I have not seen any evidence of that, ie. in Monkey Groove, or the current version of CodeMonkey, where the Player panel is not enabled.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 amI think that you are saying that there is auto-fall-back, where MM creates a "temporary progress back that can overlap with other elements" in a situation where the skin hasn't done something proactive ...I have not seen any evidence of that, ie. in Monkey Groove, or the current version of CodeMonkey, where the Player panel is not enabled.
That's because disabling the player panel is not the same as removing it. I didn't check what exactly mediamonkey is doing with disabled elements, but my guess is that it just hides the panel, but doesn't unload it. Which is generally a good approach for performance and simplicity reasons but it might have an unwanted side effect in this scenario. In short - the progress bar container is still there but it's hidden. That's why the fallback doesn't kick in.

To verify that on your end you can
  • Stop mediamonkey
  • Open the mediamonkey directory
  • Go to the skins folder
  • Open the Code Monkey or Monkey Groove subfolder
  • Open the file called player.html
  • Search for 'progressContainer', there will only be one result
  • Remove the found line or comment it out
  • Start mediamonkey again
After this the you should get the progress bar, no matter if the player element is enabled or not.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I didn't run the test you outlined (yet) because events have moved on.

See the Mantis entry. It has been updated, and Drakiniie has made a change and provided a code sample which may help. ... I am not 100% sure whether the new mechanism requires 5.0.3

His Dark Monkey skin now provides a (marginally overwritten) Status Bar that is independent of the Player panel. .. I am guessing that it would improve when if I have 5.0.3, which I will get once they also have a non-debug version.