Code Monkey - A customizable dark skin inspired by Visual Studio

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

TIV73

Re: Code Monkey - A customizable dark skin inspired by Visual Studio

Post by TIV73 »

Yeah, we had a short talk and 5.0.3 will feature a new implementation for the progress bar which should solve the problem. I'll wait until a test build with the fix is available so I can make sure that the skin works fine with the changes and will release a new version after that.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

I just created a new release for the progress bar changes. The new minimum MM version for the addon is now 5.0.3 so I'll only publish it to the addon directory once 5.0.3 is released, but the mmip can be downloaded from github.

The change is, technically speaking, backwards compatible since it just removes the player panel integrated progress bar in favor of the default one. Just be aware that installing the addon in any version prior to 5.0.3 will mess up the positioning of the progress bar, making it overlap with other elements.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

TIV73 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm Just be aware that installing the addon in any version prior to 5.0.3 will mess up the positioning of the progress bar, making it overlap with other elements.
Yup, it'll just be like it was for 5.0.1 - 5.0.2 :grin:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I gave up waiting for a non-debug version of MM5 5.0.3.
I downloaded and installed your new skin version. It fixes the problem, and looks good. Thanks to you. Drakinite also.
TIV73 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm I just created a new release for the progress bar changes. The new minimum MM version for the addon is now 5.0.3 so I'll only publish it to the addon directory once 5.0.3 is released, but the mmip can be downloaded from ...
The requisite MM5 version has now been released as a beta.
Is this what you are waiting for?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Barry4679 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:28 am The requisite MM5 version has now been released as a beta.
Yes, but I'm waiting for the relase version.
Peke

Post by Peke »

TIV73 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:30 am
Barry4679 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:28 am The requisite MM5 version has now been released as a beta.
Yes, but I'm waiting for the release version.
Many more fixes will be done before that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

There is one issue.
I don't know whether this is skin issue, or a framework issue, or is a not supported Use Case ... ?

The status bar can get overwritten when there are multiple tabs open.

ie. tab #1 running a sync, and writing to the Status Bar
switch to tab #2 while waiting ... this tab second tab is a display in List By Album view, and therefore has a footer showing Collection and selection stats like # files, mb and run time time.

The result is unattractive. see here ... top part of the image is the 2nd tab without a background task running, and the bottom shows what happens when another tab is running a background task.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

The latest skin version removed the progress bar container to utilize the new implementation upcoming in 5.0.3, so the skin is completely unaware of where the progress bar is, or if it's there at all.
Last edited by TIV73 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Peke wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:38 pm Many more fixes will be done before that.
That's fine, I'm in no particular hurry to release the new skin version.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

TIV73 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:58 am The latest skin version removed the progress bar container to utilize the new implementation upcoming in 5.0.3, so the skin is completely unaware of where the progress bar is, or if it's there at all.
If that is responding to me, I don't understand what you are saying.

Just to be clear I am running MM 5.0.3.2604 (ie. including the mod you are waiting for)
And I am running your updated 3.0.58, which I obtained from Github.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:34 am If that is responding to me, I don't understand what you are saying.

Just to be clear I am running MM 5.0.3.2604 (ie. including the mod you are waiting for)
And I am running your updated 3.0.58, which I obtained from Github.
Yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that the version you are using has no say over where the progress bar goes and what it does, as opposed to prior skin versions where the progress bar location was determined by the skin since it was attached to the player bar. That control has been yielded to MediaMonkey itself.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

TIV73 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:22 am Yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that the version you are using has no say over where the progress bar goes and what it does, as opposed to prior skin versions where the progress bar location was determined by the skin since it was attached to the player bar. That control has been yielded to MediaMonkey itself.
OK, let me put it another way.
I understand what you are saying, but I don't know what you are implying by that?
I understand the mechanics, but not what you are trying to tell me regarding the overwriting effect, which is all that I am interested in

ie.:
  1. there is a shortcoming in the MM framework which is causing the effect? Something would could be improved?
  2. you say "the version you are using .." ... the version of which? ... you have another version of the skin coming, which fixes the problem? .. or Drakinite has something coming which address the issue?
  3. or clarity in the Status Bar is not supported when using multiple tabs while a background task is running.
If you look at the image I posted, both tabs have aligned their status bar to the same location. If it was not for the overwriting, one would think they are sharing a single status bar.

It doesn't seem to be a "location" issue. It looks like a failure to appended, or failure to clear before writing.
As well as a failure to keep the text inside the horizontal boundaries of the top/bottom/main panels. I note that the main panel has not had this problem .. ie. if you look at the top part of the diagram, you see "456 files, 10.6GB..." etc ... The main panel has managed to place its footer line into clear space in this new free floating status bar ... You don't have enough info to achieve this?

BTW I am (sort of) good with the #3 option if that is the limitation of the framework; at least now the right click menu to cancel the background task is available. I am only raising the issue in case it is an oversight and can be improved.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:09 pm
  1. there is a shortcoming in the MM framework which is causing the effect? Something would could be improved?
  2. you say "the version you are using .." ... the version of which? ... you have another version of the skin coming, which fixes the problem? .. or Drakinite has something coming which address the issue?
  3. or clarity in the Status Bar is not supported when using multiple tabs while a background task is running.
The answer is option 1. MediaMonkey is the one that handles the position of the task status bar now (including adding the extra screen space); Code Monkey just changes the CSS of it. So I'll need to fix it.
Unfortunately I can't replicate the issue you described. Could you please record a video and either send it to me or add it to https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18530 ? The status bar for background tasks is supposed to be visible on *all* tabs, not just one.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 pm Unfortunately I can't replicate the issue you described. Could you please record a video and either send it to me or add it to https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18530 ? The status bar for background tasks is supposed to be visible on *all* tabs, not just one.
It is visible in all tabs.
tab a = the tab where I an running a sync job to Google Drive
tab b = another tab, which is viewing a Collection using the List with Album View.

I ran the sync in tab a
It is a long running job
I switched to tab b to view some non-related things while the sync ran in the background.

tab b does show the messages coming from tab a
but they overwrite the message that tab a is already displaying in the status bar, ie. the footer line from the main centre panel

Look at the image I posted again.

The top half shows tab b without the background task running
The bottom half also shows tab b, but this time with the background task running
The message from tab a is illegible due to overwriting, and is too far to the left anyway, because it is overwriting the Media tree in the left panel
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I had some offline communication with drakinite.
The next beta release of MM5 will fix this issue.