3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Post by drakinite »

Nothing at the moment, aside from the beta version that's linked in the main post. When you sent that reply on March 5, did you intend to write a comment under the messages you quoted? I saw the reply but didn't understand what you were trying to say.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Yes, when I posted that on the 5th, the quote function acted up.
In a nutshell while in auto dj mode, MonkeyFlow would go to the album with the
currently playing track, then when the next random track started, MonkeyFlow would
spin through the covers and stop on the album for THAT playing track. Visually, it was one of the
best things about MonkeyFlow.
Here's a screen grab I posted some time back on the MonkeyFlow thread:
You'll notice in the lower right corner are two buttons. One is to have MonkeyFlow go
fullscreen (which has already been requested in this thread and is something I also would like) and the other button is to go from selected to now playing, which it will continue to do for each track until it is pressed
again which reverts it to selected. If it's in now playing mode it will spin the covers until
it reaches the album with the currently playing track in autodj and then so on.
Hope this clarifies what I was trying to get across. There are a few more requests I would like added to
your cover flow as far as configuring it, but I'll wait to go into that in a future post.
But again, I really am grateful for all of the work you've put into this add on so far...
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am If it's in now playing mode it will spin the covers until
it reaches the album with the currently playing track in autodj and then so on.
The addon already supports that. Go into the Playing node and switch to 3D Album View. The scrollbar is disabled on that view, and while you can use the mouse wheel to browse the list of albums, it's "read only" and scrolls to the currently playing song whenever it changes.
sixtiesstereo wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am But again, I really am grateful for all of the work you've put into this add on so far...
Glad you like it :grin:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

How do you browse an album to select tracks from it?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

dypsis wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:39 pm How do you browse an album to select tracks from it?
Enable "Tracks" under "View Elements": Image
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks, Drakinite. 👍

One other question.
I can't see what Status Bar does except to resize everything just a little bit.
What is it supposed to show?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The progress of certain actions like Tagging, Syncing and Moving files.
Eduardo2384

Post by Eduardo2384 »

Hi,

I install MM5, and the flow, but the flow doesn't work at least for me, if I touch a song in the song list, the song sounds but the image in the flow no changes, (I mean doesn't put yhe image that corresponds to the song - Arte) do you know what I am doing wrong? Because to be honest I install MM5 for the MediaMonkyFlow (I love the flow). Thank you in advance.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Eduardo2384 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:21 pm Hi,

I install MM5, and the flow, but the flow doesn't work at least for me, if I touch a song in the song list, the song sounds but the image in the flow no changes, (I mean doesn't put yhe image that corresponds to the song - Arte) do you know what I am doing wrong? Because to be honest I install MM5 for the MediaMonkyFlow (I love the flow). Thank you in advance.
Ah, are you using a touch screen? I'll admit I haven't tested that use case, because I don't have a touch screen myself. Let me know. Does it work as expected when you use a mouse?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

FYI version 1.1.2 has been released. Only difference from version 1.1.1 is that I removed a few debug console-logs.

Changes since 1.0.4:
  • Fixed sorting sometimes not persisting after restart
  • Reduced idle CPU/GPU usage
  • Made album art re-appear faster when switching nodes / changing sort order
  • Fixed double clicks changing the playing list in the Playing node
  • Removed the scroll bar in the Playing node
  • Fixed "undefined" showing if you select "None" for a text field.
Please note that this version requires a minimum of MediaMonkey version 5.0.3.
Get it here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... lbum-view/
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

FYI version 1.1.3 has been released.

Changes since 1.1.2:
  • Fixed sorting settings sometimes not applying
  • Fixed right click -> Play now/next/last sometimes not working
wowflutter2

Re: I really miss Monkeyflow

Post by wowflutter2 »

It seems that with the latest update to Mediamonkey has really affected how Monkeyflow works.
Since the recent update, it will work fine for a couple albums. Then it starts sorting by album title when artist is selected. It gets slower and slower, taking a long time to update the covers. Eventually it quits updating the photos all together.
Any suggestions?
drakinite

Re: I really miss Monkeyflow

Post by drakinite »

wowflutter2 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:11 am It seems that with the latest update to Mediamonkey has really affected how Monkeyflow works.
Since the recent update, it will work fine for a couple albums. Then it starts sorting by album title when artist is selected. It gets slower and slower, taking a long time to update the covers. Eventually it quits updating the photos all together.
Any suggestions?
I haven't been using the 3D album view with MM recently, but with a quick investigation, it doesn't seem to be behaving oddly for me.
Could you:
(1) verify that you're using the latest version of the addon, 1.1.3, and that you're on the latest MM build, 5.0.4.2690
and (2) try and record a video of it happening, or list steps on how to reproduce it?

Also, do thumbnails load fine for you on the Grid (by album) view?
wowflutter2

Post by wowflutter2 »

I am running the version 5.0.4.2690 of MM and 1.1.3 on 3D album flow. Thumbnails load just fine.
I'm running Shuffle (By album)
Not sure how to do the video but here is what I see right now. I have album flow set to sort by Artist.
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions -sorted by album title.
The next track it shuffles to Stevie Wonder - Innervisions -sorted by Artist
On the next album it shows:
Cinderella - Once Upon a... - sorted by album title
The next track it shows
Cinderella _ Once Upon a... sorted by artist.
On the next album it shows
Terry Reid - S/T but the picture is a Swearing at Motorists album cover
The next track shows the same background album covers but the front one just has the monkey logo.

Each time I skip tracks it shows "loading albums" at the very bottom. If I skip 6 tracks, it will show loading albums 6 times.

The on next album you can tell it sorted to the album title because it starts with "A" but all the covers show the monkey logo.
It will stay that was for all the following albums.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »