3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

rdb

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support

Post by rdb »

Hi,

I just updated to 1.0.3 and now I see "undefined" covering the album art. Is there a way to have nothing displayed when the setting is "None"?

Regards,
Ralph
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

rdb wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:09 pm I just updated to 1.0.3 and now I see "undefined" covering the album art. Is there a way to have nothing displayed when the setting is "None"?
That bug has been fixed in a work-in-progress update (not available on the site yet). You can get it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrt0XbUj ... Q?e=WhhWDB
If you encounter any bugs or issues with that version, please let me know!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
rdb

Post by rdb »

Thank you, Drakinite. That looks better!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

FYI all,

A new pre-release version of the 3D Album View addon is now available. It has added support for changing the sort order, as well as the Albums (3D) element introduced in 1.0.4 beta linked earlier. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrt0-6Q9 ... A?e=GO1krw

If any issues or bugs are encountered with this version, please reply on this thread with details. Thanks!

Re:
Akuma wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:01 pm If this is still something you are planning on doing that would be great. I personally would prefer to scroll through all my albums by AlbumArtist then AlbumTitle. I am new to MM5 and your addon was the first thing I looked for. Well done!
Dargy Badget wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:48 am If it would be possible to add album artist sorted view to 3D flow, that would be great. It is how I organize my albums, and so am used to being able to find all my albums by the same artist next to each other, rather than a collection sorted by the name of the title of the album.
fizzjob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:48 pm How is the sort order determined? In the old MonkeyFlow, IIRC, it went by Album Artist / Album Title, but this version just seems to have them in there randomly. I'm not complaining since I'm happy just to have it follow the currently playing song, just curious.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

drakinite wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:56 pm FYI all,

A new pre-release version of the 3D Album View addon is now available. It has added support for changing the sort order, as well as the Albums (3D) element introduced in 1.0.4 beta linked earlier. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrt0-6Q9 ... A?e=GO1krw

If any issues or bugs are encountered with this version, please reply on this thread with details. Thanks!
I'm getting an invalid installation package error when trying to install this pre-release version.
I really want this due to the new sort order. I want to sort by album artist/album like I was able to do
in MonkeyFlow.
Dargy Badget

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Post by Dargy Badget »

It appears that drakinite has delivered an update to 3D view that sorts by album artist, which I was happy to install. Under 3D View it now shows a series of radio buttons that allows you to sort by album, date, and album artist. So, the ability seems to be built in, but I am having an issue. When I try to select the album artist radio button, it won't change. It sticks on album.

Sorting through the views, it is then possible to make 3D view then sort by album artist, and the radio button is then appropriately ticked. It does not seem to do so on the fly, so I do not know if I am still benefiting from the work-around I previously described (switching to list view that is sorted by album artist).

Unfortunately, like my work-around, the switch to album artist view does not persist - i.e., shutting off media monkey and restarting reverts to the view to album sort.

I am working in the node of home > Music>albums according to the crumb trail. If there is some other node I should be attempting to use 3D View, I am happy to try somewhere else.

I'm excited to see the efforts of the coder trying to update this add-on. I am not usually not on the cutting edge of any developments, preferring to operate a few years behind the development curve and learning from others.

I hope my comments above are useful to the person doing the work. I do not know if Media Monkey has an interface that allows users to support the work of independent developers. If there is a way to do so, I'm happy to look up the details for Drakinite.

Do I have to remove the previous version of the add-on? I don't know. I'll try that now.

Thank you for your efforts - Dargy Badget
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Dargy Badget wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:37 pm It appears that drakinite has delivered an update to 3D view that sorts by album artist, which I was happy to install. Under 3D View it now shows a series of radio buttons that allows you to sort by album, date, and album artist. So, the ability seems to be built in, but I am having an issue. When I try to select the album artist radio button, it won't change. It sticks on album.

Sorting through the views, it is then possible to make 3D view then sort by album artist, and the radio button is then appropriately ticked. It does not seem to do so on the fly, so I do not know if I am still benefiting from the work-around I previously described (switching to list view that is sorted by album artist).

Unfortunately, like my work-around, the switch to album artist view does not persist - i.e., shutting off media monkey and restarting reverts to the view to album sort.

I am working in the node of home > Music>albums according to the crumb trail. If there is some other node I should be attempting to use 3D View, I am happy to try somewhere else.

I'm excited to see the efforts of the coder trying to update this add-on. I am not usually not on the cutting edge of any developments, preferring to operate a few years behind the development curve and learning from others.

I hope my comments above are useful to the person doing the work. I do not know if Media Monkey has an interface that allows users to support the work of independent developers. If there is a way to do so, I'm happy to look up the details for Drakinite.

Do I have to remove the previous version of the add-on? I don't know. I'll try that now.

Thank you for your efforts - Dargy Badget
Hi Dargy, thanks for the feedback:

1. Re "radio buttons": I had a big brain fart. Forgot that the three checkboxes under the "SORT BY" menu section existed, and I went to Manage Views > edit button on "3D Album View" each time during testing. There, you have a dropdown which you can change. It's late and I'm going to bed now, but I'll look into getting it to respond to the checkboxes later. In the meantime, you can change sort via the method I described.

2. I figured out why the sorting was sometimes not persisting after a restart. Updated the beta link on the main post. I also spent a couple hours fixing things and improving the addon's performance. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrt5GNMpVlov07bYGag

3. Yep, I appreciate the details! It helps to know how to reproduce a bug. Also, I'm a paid developer for Ventis + MediaMonkey, so I'm technically not independent. :wink: Support us all by buying a Gold license and convincing your friends to use MM, too!

4. No, no need to remove the previous version of the addon. The only time you have to do that is when we change the addon's ID, which shouldn't happen for an addon that's already been published. MediaMonkey uses the ID to determine whether you're installing something new or installing an update to an existing addon. (I changed this addon's ID early in development, but have no plans to change it again.)
tc123

Post by tc123 »

The instructions say "To change views, click on the dropdown on the top-right of the main screen, then click 3D Album View."

But I've installed it and cannot see any option for it?? And by 'the dropdown' I'm assuming you mean the upside down caret?
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hi drakinite,

If I fill not all of the info lines, and set one (or more) to "none", the album view shows the value "undefined" for that line. seems no matter which one, i tried some variants. Shouldn't that be empty instead?

(build 1.0.3 from the download area)
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

tc123 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:42 am The instructions say "To change views, click on the dropdown on the top-right of the main screen, then click 3D Album View."

But I've installed it and cannot see any option for it?? And by 'the dropdown' I'm assuming you mean the upside down caret?
Yes, the upside down caret. Which node are you in? It currently supports the Albums, All Tracks, Playlist, Now Playing, and Artist nodes. (but in Artist, it's only a small inline view element)
Andre_H wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:33 am Hi drakinite,

If I fill not all of the info lines, and set one (or more) to "none", the album view shows the value "undefined" for that line. seems no matter which one, i tried some variants. Shouldn't that be empty instead?

(build 1.0.3 from the download area)
That's been fixed, please download the 1.1.1 beta from the main post.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

drakinite wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:40 am That's been fixed, please download the 1.1.1 beta from the main post.
Ah. I must have overlooked that! Thanks!
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm FYI all,

I'm getting an invalid installation package error when trying to install this pre-release version.
I really want this due to the new sort order. I want to sort by album artist/album like I was able to do
in MonkeyFlow.
To update my installation problem, I realized the mmip was trying to install to a "Media Monkey"
folder. However, I have both MM4 (in a MediaMonkey 4 directory/folder) and MM5 (in a
MediaMonkey 5 folder). I changed the MM5 folder to just MediaMonkey and the update
installed just fine.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:38 pm To update my installation problem, I realized the mmip was trying to install to a "Media Monkey"
folder. However, I have both MM4 (in a MediaMonkey 4 directory/folder) and MM5 (in a
MediaMonkey 5 folder). I changed the MM5 folder to just MediaMonkey and the update
installed just fine.
Good to hear it's working now. Sorry, I had missed that reply. FYI, you can right click on the MMIP, select Open With > Another Application..., check the box saying "Always use this program for files of this type" (or something along those lines), then select MediaMonkey 5. That'll then set MM5 to open MMIPs by default.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

drakinite wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 pm
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am when I select the Album View in the Now Playing view, it shows all the album from the playlist (great!). However, in contrast to MonkeyFlow for MM4, it doesn't change the album when the song changes. Can this be added? I.e. that the Album View always follows the current song?
Which version do you have installed? It's designed to do just that. You're still allowed to move the slider to browse the other albums, but after a short time it'll go back to the current album. And it updates the current album whenever the track changes.
allwi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am I am unable to get 3D Album view to do what you mentioned. I have autodj enabled, which works fine.
The playing album (for the current track) doesn't change in 3D Album view. One of the things I loved in MonkeyFlow was seeing the album covers spin to the currently playing tracks album, and then doing it
again when the random track changed. Is there a setting I'm missing? I'd really like to get this
working.

sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Any new updates coming? So far it's looking good.