Wow! 5 Is So Glitchy!!!

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dougie Blue

Wow! 5 Is So Glitchy!!!

Post by Dougie Blue »

I've used Media Monkey for probably 15 years and rarely had a problem with it - but 5???? Let's see - I double click a song on my computer, or even in my current playlist - and it queues up, but never plays. I often have to double-click it a number of times in the app to actually get it to start playing.

And also, I click to play a song in the app - and fairly often the app just freezes up - screen goes white and nothing happens. I have to open Task Manager to close the program, and start over.

Are others having these issues, or is it just me? Version 4.xxxx was working flawlessly for me - I just may try to retreat to it!
Lowlander

Re: Wow! 5 Is So Glitchy!!!

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?

5.0.2 (in development) will have increased speed when opening files from File Explorer. You can also use the Music > Location node or Folders node in MediaMonkey to browse by folders for your media.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Dougie Blue wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:05 am Are others having these issues, or is it just me?
I don't see these issues. MM5 is quite robust here.
If it was general problem it would have been reported here more often.

You probably need to provide them with more information.
See point 4.b "For functional problems" here
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

MM5 has a long way to go before I uninstall MM4
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I won't even touch MM5 for at least a year after it's been out, if ever. Seems like a lot of people are having issues with it, and MM4 works just fine for me, I see no reason to upgrade at this point.
perlind@nypost.dk

Post by perlind@nypost.dk »

I have the same issue. I have to click several times to play another number.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please provide more details on how exactly you're trying and MediaMonkey is failing to play a file. Also tell us which Build (Help > About) you're using and which File Type(s) are affected.
the afterthought

Post by the afterthought »

I had the upgrade from 4.??? to 5 go horrible. My library disappeared, lock ups, files start playing when manually played and then crash mm5. Sometimes reboot my Win 10 and Win 7 machines.
I came back because I just finished doing a fresh win10 install and wanted to see if anyone else had issues with mm5.
I won't be trying it again until I see something that tells me it is safe.
I was fortunate enough to have made backups of setting etc so my recovery was much better to get back to working version
I have a lot of files and I would have been mondo peeved if I had to start from scratch.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Many users use it without issues.

Library disappeared, maybe: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

the afterthought wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 pm I was fortunate enough to have made backups of setting etc so my recovery was much better to get back to working version
I have a lot of files and I would have been mondo peeved if I had to start from scratch.
MM5 installs itself alongside MM4.
MM4 remains intact and available without any special precautions.
You do people a disservice to suggest otherwise.

BTW I experience none of the issues with MM5 that you list.
And I would be highly "peeved" if I had to downgrade to MM4 because I find MM5 to be significantly better.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
AudioBabble

Post by AudioBabble »

MM 5.03.2607 on Win 10 20H2...

So far no problems at all, but then I'm new to all this!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're using an old beta build, I'd recommend keeping up-to-date on betas: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d