In order for MediaMonkey for Windows to sync with Apple iOS devices, the latest Apple Mobile Device Driver must be installed on your Windows machine. These drivers can be installed by installing the iTunes desktop version, but if you prefer not to install iTunes, this guide will help you install Apple Mobile Device Driver and its services independently of iTunes.
- Download the latest desktop version of iTunes.
- Download and install a program that can open and extract contents from a CAB file such as 7-zip or WinRar .
- Inspect the content of the iTunes installer iTunes64Setup.exe (that you downloaded in step 1) with 7-zip (right click, 7-zip, Open archive). 7-zip will show the files inside the installer.
- Extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi from the installer file to your harddisk.
- Run AppleApplicationSupport.msi and then AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi
- After both have been installed, connect your iOS device and Windows should be able to detect it correctly.
- Start MediaMonkey and the device will be detected, so that you can use MediaMonkey to sync to the device.