MediaMonkey will play most Shoutcast or Icecast radio streams and generally can stream from an URL if the file formats on the stream are supported by MediaMonkey. Note: TS streams from cable or OTA boxes are not supported by MediaMonkey.
Opening a Stream
To play an internet stream you'll need to now the URL the stream is streamed from, then use File > Open URL or File from the Main Menu and enter the URL of the Internet Radio stream URL. A standard stream can be in various forms:
- A standard stream: http://220.127.116.11:80/stream/1048
- A password protected stream: http://userame:firstname.lastname@example.org:9000/stream.mp3
- A remote .mp3 or .m3u link: http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128.m3u
Saving a Stream
To save an Internet Steam add it to a Playlist. Use right click on the stream from Playing and select Send To > Playlists from the Context Menu and then select an existing or new Playlist the Internet Stream should be added to.
- Playing Media Files with MediaMonkey
- The MediaMonkey Player
- Sharing/Casting your MediaMonkey Library with UPnP (DLNA)/Chromecast