Upgrading to the Gold Version
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The standard version of MediaMonkey is free for personal use, however, the more advanced Gold version adds a range of functionality for more serious collectors. Some of the added features included with MediaMonkey Gold are:
- Custom Collections - Allow you to set up subcollections of music (e.g. Kids Music, Comedies, etc.) or videos that can be managed independently.
- Advanced AutoPlaylists - Allow you to define a playlist based on almost any criteria. For example, if you wanted music for a party, you could have an AutoPlaylist that includes 100 Songs in which Bitrate>=128 Kbps, Tempo= fast/veryfast, Year=1990-2000, Rating>=4 stars, Genre=Rock. Advanced AutoPlaylists are also especially useful for synchronizing with a Portable device as they allow you to quickly choose which subset of files to synch.
- Auto-Conversion - Converts files on-the-fly from an unsupported format as they are synced to a portable device, shared with a UPnP device, or burned to a CD/DVD. In addition, it can level volume on-the-fly, which is a huge benefit for most non-iPod devices, and CD/DVDs.
- Secure ripping - Copies your CDs with the greatest accuracy possible, and compares them to an AccurateRip database to verify integrity.
- Virtual CD - Allows you to keep track of what CDs you own and at the same time see which subset of tracks from those CDs are copied to your hard drive. Instead of tracking your CDs and tracks separately, the virtual CD function gives you an integrated view.
- Automated Organization - Allows you to set up custom rules for re-organizing files in the background.
- Unlimited MP3 encoding - Allows you to encode MP3s in an unlimited fashion (the free version of MediaMonkey includes a time-limited LAME MP3 encoder. If you're so inclined, you can manually replace it with the free LAME encoder, or you can just upgrade to MediaMonkey Gold).
- High-performance encoding, volume leveling, and conversion, utilizing multiple CPU cores.
|English • Deutsch • español • français|