Auto-Tag from Filename
To automatically modify Track properties based on filename information, use Auto-Tag from Filename. This is very useful when you have Tracks with no Tags/Properties and you wish to fill these based on information contained within the filename. To do so:
- Select the Tracks whose properties you wish to update. Make sure that the selected Tracks all have filenames that follow the same format.
- Click Auto-Tag from Filename from the Tools menu.
- Choose the format used for the filenames, by clicking the <Artist>, <Album>, etc. buttons, and placing any separators that your original files use (e.g. '-' or '_' or '|') between the different attributes so that properties are filled in accurately. See: Directory and File Format Masks
- At this point, you can configure Update Empty Fields Only if you only want properties to be filled in from the filename only when they are unknown. You can also configure Remove Underscores if you want all underscores to be removed from the resultant properties.
- A list will be generated showing the current properties and the new properties (changed properties are highlighted in yellow). If any of the new properties are incorrect, edit them as needed by clicking the relevant field, or uncheck them.
- Click Ok to commit the changes to all the checked Tracks.
- C:\Music\Madonna - Greatest Hits\Madonna - Frozen.mp3
C:\Music\<Album Artist> - <Album>\<Artist> - <Title>
- C:\Music\Madonna\Greatest Hits\01 - Frozen.mp3
C:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>
- C:\Music\Mixmania\Mixmania 2005\18_2black - waves of love.mp3
<Album>\<Track#>_<Artist> - <Title>
- #TDK#Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy (003).mp3
<Skip:5><Artist> - <Title> (<Track#:3>)
|[[::Auto-Tag from Filename|English]]|