- 1 General
- 2 Player
- 3 Other Podcatch clients - iTunes
- 4 Subscriptions
- 4.1 Can I import subscriptions from another podcast client such as iTunes?
- 4.2 Can I automatically subscribe all my imported subscriptions?
- 4.3 Can I remove undownloaded episodes from a subcription?
- 4.4 Can I mark an episode as played?
- 4.5 What are the gray subscriptions?
- 4.6 What causes dead subscriptions?
- 4.7 How can I remove a dead subscription?
- 4.8 How can I revive a dead subscription?
Do I need MediaMonkey Gold to get podcasts?
No. All podcast features are included in the Standard version.
Does MediaMonkey support video podcasts?
No. At this time only audio podcast episodes are supported. MM can neither download or play non-audio episodes.
The warning message "Episodes are in an unsupported file type" will appear if you attempt to subscribe containing non-audio items.
Is podcast support available with MM2?
No. This is a new function with MM3.
Is more information available?
Does MediaMonkey remember the point at which I was playing a podcast episode?
Yes. MM let's you pause and later resume podcasts and audio books.
Other Podcatch clients - iTunes
How do I export OPML directory from iTunes?
Use iTunes File -> Export
Where are the iTunes podcast episode files?
iTunes stores podcasts in a "Podcasts" sub-folder of it's iTunes Music Folder.
The iTunes Music Folder is set in iTunes -> Edit -> Preferences:Advanced:General:iTunes music folder location.
How do I mark a subscription as "Do not autodelete"?
Uncheck delete options in Edit Subscription or Add Subscription.
How do I mark an episode as "Do not autodelete"?
Rate the episode and check do not delete if rated option in Edit Subscription.
How do I use chapters in an Enhanced AAC feed?
MM does not support this function.
Can I import subscriptions from another podcast client such as iTunes?
Can I automatically subscribe all my imported subscriptions?
No. Subscriptions must be individually subscribed from either the imported OPML podcast directory or from the Edit Subscription.
Can I remove undownloaded episodes from a subcription?
Can I mark an episode as played?
Maybe. MM does not include this function, but, add-on scripts are available. Answer will be updated after scripts tested with MM3.
What are the gray subscriptions?
These are subscriptions which are not currently updated. They are also called "dead" subscriptions.
What causes dead subscriptions?
1. Unsubscribe a feed and keep episodes.
2. Import podcast episodes that do not match existing subscription.
3. Change in podcast name by feed publisher.
How can I remove a dead subscription?
Unsubscribe the subscription and delete all episodes.
How can I revive a dead subscription?
Edit the subscription and enter the feed's URL.