Podcasts are Audio/Video files that are published periodically and can be subscribed to. MediaMonkey 3.x allows you to easily subscribe to Audio Podcasts, using any of the methods described below..
- Expand the Podcast node and Browse or search one of the Directories for a Podcast of interest. Double-click on the Podcast to subscribe.
- If you've found a Podcast on the web, do one of the following:
- Copy the feed's URL, right-click on the Podcast node and click 'Subscribe to new Podcast'. Paste the Podcast URL into the subscription dialog.
- Open the associated .pcast file with your browser, which will cause MediaMonkey subscribe dialog to open up.
- Open the feed's URL (in Firefox only), and when prompted, choose MediaMonkey to open the file. This will cause the subscription dialog to open up.
- Choose subscription rules for the Podcast (or for all Podcasts) to define how episodes should be downloaded, and when they should be removed.
The Podcast episodes will begin to download, turning from grey to black once they're downloaded. MediaMonkey will periodically check for updates and automatically download new episodes (you can also manually trigger an update of all subscribed podcasts by right-clicking on the Podcast node).
To play the podcast, you can double-click the relevant Tracks in either the Podcast node, or in the Library.
Other Pages - Working Links
[Podcast Sample Feed]
[Podcast Life History]
[Podcast for iTunes Users]