Extending MediaMonkey's Functionality
MediaMonkey's functionality can be extended through the use of various addons found at the MediaMonkey Addons site. These include:
- scripts that add a variety of different functions, such as looking up metadata & Album Art, playing music automatically based on last-fm preferences, switching metadata fields, playing random whole albums, etc.
- skins that change the look of MediaMonkey
- translations of MediaMonkey to other languages
- plug-ins that change audio properties
To install most addons other than plug-ins:
- Download an addon from the MediaMonkey Addons site.
- On Windows Vista or Windows 7 select the MediaMonkey icon and 'Run as administrator' (this is required to properly install addons).
- Double-click the downloaded .MMIP file to install the extension.
- Restart MediaMonkey and the new functionality will be accessible.
Note: Some older scripts may not be packaged as .MMIP files (e.g. Newscript.vbs). For those, copy the script to MediaMonkey's /scripts/auto folder OR save the script to MediaMonkey's /scripts folder and then define the script in MediaMonkey's "\Scripts\Scripts.ini" file (as described in the script's documentation).
|[[::WebHelp:Creating Custom Scripts/4.0|English]] • [[::WebHelp:Creating Custom Scripts/4.0/de|Deutsch]] • [[::WebHelp:Creating Custom Scripts/4.0/es|español]] • [[::WebHelp:Creating Custom Scripts/4.0/fr|français]]|