Extending MediaMonkey's Functionality: Plug-ins
MediaMonkey supports a variety of Winamp 2-compatible plugins that change the player's audio characteristics, add visualizations, or otherwise extend functionality:
- Input plug-ins generally add support for new audio formats.
- Output plug-ins control how MediaMonkey outputs audio.
- DSP plug-ins usually enhance and/or modify the audio in some way.
- General plug-ins often add some entirely new functionality to the application.
- Visualization plug-ins enable the display of psychedelic effects as the music plays.
To install plug-ins:
- Download a plug-in via the MediaMonkey Addons site or via some third-party sites that offer winamp-compatible plug-ins.
- On Windows Vista or Windows 7 select the MediaMonkey icon and 'Run as administrator' (this is required to properly install plugins).
- Install the plug-in:
- If the plug-in is provided with an installer, double-click the installer. The installer often chooses a default directory of /Program Files/Winamp. Change this to /Program Files/MediaMonkey. If you're unable to change the installation directory, you'll have to install to the Winamp directory and then manually copy the installed .dll file(s) to the Program Files/MediaMonkey/Plug-ins directory.
- If the plug-in is a .dll, simply copy the .dll to the Program Files/MediaMonkey/Plugins directory, and follow the instructions provided with the plug-in.
- Configure the plug-in via Tools > Options > Player. Find the relevant plug-ins pane and press the Configure button. For DSP Audio Effect plug-ins, you can also set the order in which the plugins process the audio.
|[[::WebHelp:Player Plugin Configuration/4.0|English]] • [[::WebHelp:Player Plugin Configuration/4.0/de|Deutsch]] • [[::WebHelp:Player Plugin Configuration/4.0/es|español]] • [[::WebHelp:Player Plugin Configuration/4.0/fr|français]]|