Playing Media Files with MediaMonkey is straightforward whether you are using MediaMonkey or Winamp as the player. Media Files are added to the Now Playing queue and are then played. Basic Playback can be done in a single step, though finer control can be achieved by editing the Now Playing queue.
- Select the Media Files you would like to play
- Click the Play Now button in the Play menu.
The Media Files you've selected will fill the Now Playing queue, replacing others that may have previously been there, and begin playing from the first Track. If you've selected only a single Media File, additional Media Files may be added to the Now Playing queue, depending on how you've configured the Player.
The Play Counter
Whenever a track is played, the playcount is updated by 1. For tracks that can be bookmarked (e.g. AudioBooks), the playcounter is updated fractionally. To define whether tracks can be bookmarked, see Filters & Views.
Changing the Order of Tracks in the Now Playing queue
For for full control over which Tracks are played when, you can modify the Now Playing queue. Think of the Now Playing queue as a list of Tracks to be played that you can modify, even as they are being played. You can:
- Add Tracks to the end of the 'Now Playing' queue: Select the Track(s) you want to add and click Play Last from the Play menu. Note: If the Player is not yet playing a Track, this command will modify the queue but will not initiate playback.
- Insert Tracks into the middle of the 'Now Playing' queue, immediately following the currently playing Track: Select the Track(s) you want to add and click Play Next from the Play menu. Note: If the Player is not yet playing a Track, this command will modify the queue but will not initiate playback.
- Insert Tracks into any position of the 'Now Playing' queue: Select the Track(s) you want to add, and drag them to the Now Playing node, to the desired position in the list.
- Replace the current 'Now Playing' queue a new set of Tracks: Select the Track(s) you want to play and click Play Now from the Play menu. Note: In addition to replacing the queue, this command initiates playback.
- Rearrange the order of Tracks in the 'Now Playing' queue: Go to the Now Playing node, and drag and drop Tracks within the queue to re-arrange them.
- Rearrange the order of Tracks in the 'Now Playing' queue based on a sort: In the Now Playing node, click a header to e.g. to sort the list based on year. To undo this, use the Edit > Undo command available only in the Now Playing window.
- Remove Tracks from the 'Now Playing' queue: Go to the Now Playing node, select which Tracks you'd like to delete from the queue and press <Delete> . This will not delete the Tracks from the database--it will only remove them from the queue.
- You can change the default way Media Files are added to the Now Playing queue under Tools > Options > Playback Rules per media Type. You can change the 'Play Now' Action to one of the selected files only options.
- Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts to Control the Player
- Volume Leveling
- Using Playlists, Using AutoPlaylists
|[[::WebHelp:Playing Audio Tracks/4.0|English]] • [[::WebHelp:Playing Audio Tracks/4.0/de|Deutsch]] • [[::WebHelp:Playing Audio Tracks/4.0/es|español]] • [[::WebHelp:Playing Audio Tracks/4.0/fr|français]]|