Ripping Tracks from CDs
If you're migrating from a physical CD collection to an MP3 collection, and just want to just rip (record) Tracks from CDs (without cataloguing the physical CDs):
- Insert the CD. The CD will appear in the 'Tree'.
- If you want to record the entire CD, click the 'Rip CD' icon that appears next to the CD. Otherwise click the CD, select the tracks you want to record, and click Tools > Rip Audio CD .
- The Rip CD dialog will appear, from which you may configure:
- The Directory and Filename format to be used for the new Tracks. Choose the format in which your files will be saved by clicking the 'Configure...' button to choose the location where the files will be saved. See: Configuring Directory and Filename Formats
- The compression format to be used for ripping the Tracks. See: Digital Ripping & Digital File Formats
- Whether the volume of the Tracks should be leveled as they are encoded. This is slightly different from just analyzing the volume levels, since in addition to performing the analysis, this actually modifies the volume levels of the ripped Track.
- Press 'Ok' to rip selected Tracks.
Once the tracks have been recorded, you'll receive a confirmation that they've been recorded correctly, and you'll be able to access the tracks in your library even after you've removed the CD.
|[[::WebHelp:Ripping Tracks from CDs/4.0|English]] • [[::WebHelp:Ripping Tracks from CDs/4.0/de|Deutsch]] • [[::WebHelp:Ripping Tracks from CDs/4.0/es|español]] • [[::WebHelp:Ripping Tracks from CDs/4.0/fr|français]]|