Auto-Classification?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

relaxo

Auto-Classification?

Post by relaxo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:48 am

hey, is there an option to auto-classify files from my library, kinda scan for bpm etc. and have them automatically sorted in the mood filters? I have a proprietary Sony software ("Vaio Musicbox") which does that, and I'm really searching for some kind of "real" audio organizer/player which does that. is that possible with mm (how?) or do you guys know of any other program which offers that option?

regards

Macarena

Re: Auto-Classification?

Post by Macarena » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 am

relaxo wrote:hey, is there an option to auto-classify files from my library, kinda scan for bpm etc. and have them automatically sorted in the mood filters? I have a proprietary Sony software ("Vaio Musicbox") which does that, and I'm really searching for some kind of "real" audio organizer/player which does that. is that possible with mm (how?) or do you guys know of any other program which offers that option?

regards
If you are looking for a possibility to add mood according the BPM number such a way exists. Analyse your tracks with a BPM analyser, eg. http://www.mixmeister.com/download_freestuff.html , sort your tracks and add them the wanted values. But you might be surprised that this is not going to work perfectly. The mood is the most personal tag. And some BPMs are half/double of what might sound into your ears. GL, M

RifRaf

Post by RifRaf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm

hi, have spent some time trying to get classifications for mood and occasion for use with MM. Currently the best option i use is a modified last.fm script for use with musicbrainz picard. have modified the tags it writes to be compatible with mediamonkeys custom tags as well as occasion, grouping and original year. The script will also allow you to name your files using the original year in the album string rather than release year. Albums are tagged with consistant genres, grouping and year even for various artists and compilations using weighting of the tags retrieved. Tracks are tagged individually though for things like mood and occasion.

Have a bit of a tutorial and relevant info here. http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastfm/

hopefully someone else can find it useful, maybe this could be made into a MM plugin though currently am happy to use MM as a player and post tagging and Picard for initial tagging.

jwhite1979

Post by jwhite1979 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 am

I know it's not what you're looking for; but I use MusicIPMixer which analyzes my music, tags the files with a unique fingerprint called MusicDNS, and then creates playlists based on similar (or dissimilar if you choose) sounds. You can import the playlists into MediaMonkey, Winamp, WMP, etc. and then sync the playlist to your device. This doesn't take advantage of the "classification" fields in the tag editor, and that's a real bummer. To my knowledge, nothing exists to fill out those fields automatically.

debacle

Post by debacle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:50 pm

MusicBrainz Picard has a plugin to auto-classify from Last.fm.