Add to library on play?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Add to library on play?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 am

I have certain files that are not currently added to the library. I typically right click and play them in MediaMonkey. I would like MediaMonkey to add them to the library on that play. I have them split into many folders and with other files that I do not want added to the library. So scanning is not conducive... Is there a setting somewhere in medamonkey that does this? Thanks!

Dreadlau

Re: Add to library on play?

Post by Dreadlau » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:30 am

I remember when I used WMP some years ago. It used to add tracks I plays in the library.
I can see how this can be handy in your situation.
But IFAIK it's not possible to have MM do that.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

Sizzly

Post by Sizzly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:51 am

I do not believe it is either. MM keeps its play functionality discrete from its library management functions.

iTunes does this by option but I've walked oodles of people through removing duplicate files because of this.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 am

You could try my new add-on Add to Library on Play.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 am

I wouldn't want files added either.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:25 am

Zvezdand - Thank you just got done installing! works perfectly and does exactly what need it too.

All others - I know its kind of an odd request... But my default player for all audio files is WMP. So anything I grab from the internet, when friends come over with files, or whatever else doesn't get added to the library. My mediamonkey music is tagged, categorized, etc. I have some directories that I want certain songs from. This allows me to easily add certain files to my library as feel the need rather then taking a lot of time and moving them to new folder auditioning a bunch of files blah blah blah :)

Peke

Post by Peke » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:33 pm

MediaMonkey File monitoring can do almost same as WMP Library feature in Win 7. You should check it.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Guest wrote:I have certain files that are not currently added to the library. I typically right click and play them in MediaMonkey. I would like MediaMonkey to add them to the library on that play. I have them split into many folders and with other files that I do not want added to the library. So scanning is not conducive... Is there a setting somewhere in medamonkey that does this? Thanks!
It is possible to add single files or selections of files directly to the library. I didn't know about this until today.
See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 66#p275866
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)