Device Move Content win7 wireless HDD

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

YoursTruly

Device Move Content win7 wireless HDD

Post by YoursTruly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Hello Monkies, im new (though have been using Gold since 2000 and longtime)

PLEASE can someone help me. i have JUST upgraded my lappy to Win7, i am very comfortable with rebuilding my old xp, installing MM copy DB run 'move device content' script and VOILA all my playlists are not greyed out based on the path ID change of my wireless HDD. Now today I have reinstalled MM4, and also reverted back to MM3 as I CANNOT get the device move script to work!! I really am not used to Win7 but i realise if I run MM as admin, i can no longer see my wireless network drive.

all my music (1tb0 is on a wireless hard drive, i log in via Mionet and can see all my folders.) i can no longer get MM to play my Playlists (it was working up untill I powered off my wireless device ) but I had noticed then that the path was listed as [network] and greyed out.... which is when I started the now 8th time process of move device script, uninstall all files, reinstall, MM3 install (4 versions)

i cannot live without MM!!! I am a DJ and I select my music with it all!! NOTHING can compare to MM so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help a depserate female dj to get her show back on the road!!!

now how do i post gifs for you all to see what the heck is this woman on about!!??

OPENED NORMAL

OPENED AS ADMIN

PATH Issue (im sure you are all familiar with how this appears)

Last edited by YoursTruly on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lowlander

Re: Device Move Content win7 wireless HDD

Post by Lowlander » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Are you using a mapped drive? Don't, try UNC Paths instead.

Also see this addon: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=63823
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

YoursTruly

Post by YoursTruly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 pm

LOWLANDER: as today is Feb 29th - will you marry me?? (assuming you are MALE) I HAD tried that - but forgot I had run as admin when i did - HENCE no visability of my wireless share!!

SO THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY - as I then tried again without admin!!!
THE NIGHT WILL BE SAVED!!! and I (as a DJ) can now save someones life!!!!!!!!

YoursTruly

Post by YoursTruly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 pm

OH MAN! It actually is NOTworking! No longer are they greyed out!

HOWEVER they wont play!!!! SOMETHING VERY ODD

Its a much better process than the script - but I have over 50 playlists so takes ages to do each one (i did a few in bulk but got nervous).... i assume that pointing the the root folder would suffice and the sub folders would find their way... appears it did - but NOTHING playing now!!
TIME FOR ANOTHER REBOOT!! if you have any more ideas please let me know!!

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Check the Path column for files that won't play. Make sure it is an actual Path, if not you may need to run: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=63823 to update the Paths.

After reboot I would try to use Windows Explorer and navigate to the drive and try to play a file of it in MediaMonkey. If MediaMonkey plays the file we know that the files are fine and that MediaMonkey can play the file.
That means most likely that the Path in the database is not working. The linked addon should be able to help out in that case.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

YoursTruly

Post by YoursTruly » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks LowLander, ive tried and tried, it just doesnt work. I can play the path if i locate it directly via MM from MyComputer - as i know all the music is there. I try to update device with the script it wipes all of my playlists???
So i am having to copy back my DB everytime this happens.

I am REALLY frustrated as to what is happening;-
- playlists content wiped
- paths are updated - APPEAR to be ok, when i click to play NOTHING

any other suggestions?

YoursTruly

Post by YoursTruly » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 am

LowLander (and all) I have posted this to another forum subject, as per your reference also as it is still not working

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 85#p333185

thanks!