Play Lists and Now Playing

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ozrover

Play Lists and Now Playing

Post by ozrover » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 am

May need some help or advice.

Been a long time user of Musicmatch, I have it running on 3 Windows 7 computers, 2 64 bit and 1 32 bit.

Been trying MonkeyMedia and another for replacement of Musicmatch as my music manager in the future, neither give me everything that I have in Musicmatch and what I like. Granted MonkeyMedia has other options but I just like the basic ones to organise my music.
My main problems are to do with creating and managing playlist and now playing windows, had some renaming issues but have sorted those.

Musicmatch has a Playlist Manager which is great, when you want to create a list just drag and drop from your music listing Artist/Albums, Albums or Tracks to the Selected Playlist in the Manager or edit a current one, it is a breeze. Then when you dont want the Manager anymore, just turn it off. I haven't completed a single list in Monkey Media yet as it is just too darn hard (more time consuming)

Is there any plans for a Playlist Manager in the future or is there an Add-on for doing this

Also it is a pain to clear Now Playing, you have to select a the files to clear them and the the name of one track still remains on the player all be it isn't actually there. Musicmatch has a button to clear all files from the list (this is great) or you can just select the one you don't want.

Is there any tricks to make clearing the list easier (quicker)

Sorry if these have been answered in the past but I haven't come across these same issues as yet

Must go now will check in tomorrow

Lowlander

Re: Play Lists and Now Playing

Post by Lowlander » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 am

Now Playing Controls toolbar Edit > Clear to clear the Now Playing.

To add files to a Playlist you can:
1) Right click, Send To > Playlist
2) Drag & Drop onto Playlist in Media Tree
3) Drag & Drop onto another tab with Playlist open
4) Toolbar, Send To > Playlist
5) Use Now Playing as staging and then save as Playlist
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

ozrover

Post by ozrover » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 pm

GDay

Thanks

" Now Playing Controls toolbar Edit > Clear to clear the Now Playing."

Sorry but I don't see Clear under Edit when I am on Now Playing

Tried most of things before in relation to playlists.

Not what I'm looking for. I want to drag and drop to where I can see the list and where I put it in the list.

I have all artists in a playlist in Alpha order or in number order if I want it that way. Then I can see what I have as I drag and drop to the playlist. Then if I want, I can shuffle the order when I play it.

Drag and droping to a Tab, can't see the list or using send to. If I was just making a quick list to play for the moment then okay however I would probably just go with an auto option for that.

Compling Playlist in Playing now, Okay I used this in Musicmatch as well then saved it as a playlist if I want it. However you could see all tracks in the media tree under the Artist/Album List and add what you want to the playing list where you want it and see where you put it.

If you could see the tracks in the Media Tree on the left then drag then across that would be good.

Tried to run two instances of Media Monkey to to this but you can't.

So this is the last thing I need to find in choosing a new Music Manager

Thanks once again for your quick reply

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

ozrover wrote:Sorry but I don't see Clear under Edit when I am on Now Playing
Right click in the Now Playing window and enable View > Show Now Playing controls. This should enable a toolbar with menu items List, Edit and Copy. The menu item Edit has an option to Clear.
You can also right click in the Now Playing (window or filelisting) and use List > Clear.
ozrover wrote:I have all artists in a playlist in Alpha order or in number order if I want it that way.
After adding files you can sort the Playlist on any column to achieve this. That would be faster than trying to add files in the correct order.

There is no way in MediaMonkey to show tracks in the Media Tree or to show the Filelisting and a window for Playlists. The above suggestions are the options available in MediaMonkey.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... st+manager
And I've added: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9930

psychoadept

Post by psychoadept » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 pm

That would be really helpful, thanks!

ozrover

Post by ozrover » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 am

Lowlander wrote:
ozrover wrote:Sorry but I don't see Clear under Edit when I am on Now Playing
Right click in the Now Playing window and enable View > Show Now Playing controls. This should enable a toolbar with menu items List, Edit and Copy. The menu item Edit has an option to Clear.
You can also right click in the Now Playing (window or filelisting) and use List > Clear.

Thanks that sorted out the list clearing a bit more quickly but the last track played name still shows up on the player which is annoying
ozrover wrote:I have all artists in a playlist in Alpha order or in number order if I want it that way.
After adding files you can sort the Playlist on any column to achieve this. That would be faster than trying to add files in the correct order.

Doesn't get them in the order usually the way I want and still believe after trying it that a list manager is faster

There is no way in MediaMonkey to show tracks in the Media Tree or to show the Filelisting and a window for Playlists. The above suggestions are the options available in MediaMonkey.

Well that's a dam shame

And I've added: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9930
Tried this but the window doesn't open when you hover over the tab so you have to drop it then go and sort it

Although it said version 4.0.7, so must be the next one as only 4.0.6.1501 is available at moment.

Well, will just have to keep waiting and looking. Bought another new laptop with W7, not interested in W8 yet so I will get another 3 years using Musicmatch before I have to give up.

After the debacle with Musicmatch's lifetime versions, I'm not going to get another paid version until I find what i'm looking for in Music Manager.

Seeing as I still have balance of 150 LP's and 500 45 singles to rip to my computer and already spend a several months ripping cassettes, cd's and and fair heap of vinyl LP's using (Testing for replacement) 2 Music Managers and Musicmatch to catalogue my collection, I know which one is my choice for doing this job.

Thanks for all your help

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:11 am

ozrover wrote:Tried this but the window doesn't open when you hover over the tab so you have to drop it then go and sort it
Although it said version 4.0.7, so must be the next one as only 4.0.6.1501 is available at moment.
It is a feature request which means it isn't available in the current version and it was not available in MediaMonkey 4.0.7 (which is no available as final release). The team has not added if or when this may be considered for implementation.