Search for a track in playlists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

terrypin

Search for a track in playlists?

Post by terrypin »

I used a macro script to place some tracks to 'the playlist at the 'top' of the list automatically. Hadn't used it for a year or two and I must have missed something, probably didn't name it first. So where have my tracks been playlisted, if at all? There's no 'blank' entry in the list of playlists. Is there a way to search for one?

Coming at it another way, if I press Enter at the stage shown here, what happens?

EDIT: I now see that before using my macro I should have added at least one track to a named playlist. It would then appear at the top of the list where my macro would find it on subsequent occasions.

So my question now becomes: what is that strange unnamed playlist? If I cannot give it a name (so that I can access the dozen tracks I thought I had added to it), can I get rid of it? It now appear like this:

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
Lowlander

Re: Search for a track in playlists?

Post by Lowlander »

You're saying it doesn't show in the Playlist node in the Media Tree?

Most recently used Playlists are stored in the ini I believe.

Edit > Properties > Classification tab shows what Playlists a file is on (only works when 1 file is selected).
terrypin

Re: Search for a track in playlists?

Post by terrypin »

Thanks, appreciate your getting on the case.
Lowlander wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 am You're saying it doesn't show in the Playlist node in the Media Tree?
Yes. There is no 'empty' or other such entry.

Most recently used Playlists are stored in the ini I believe.
If so, I can't find them. Many hits for 'playlist', but none that match your description.
Edit > Properties > Classification tab shows what Playlists a file is on (only works when 1 file is selected).
Thanks, that could be a useful feature I never knew about. But it doesn't help solve this puzzle. However, I used it to experiment. I added an arbitrary track to that 'mystery playlist' (MP) and then, with the track selected, used Edit > Properties > Classification. No playlist was listed.

To make progress, I'm wondering if anyone can reproduce the creation of this MP. I can't help by first doing it manually myself because as I've shown I already have the MP and don't know how to remove it!

--------------------

Excuse the digression, but I've often wondered why MM does not have a feature I've often regarded as verging on 'essential': a column to show the 'Last played' date properly, not just when the track was last played from start to end. That would be very helpful in many situations, including the current detective work.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)