Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another [#9431]

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

twinger
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another [#9431]

Post by twinger » Thu May 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Player: Sony NWZ-E464
MM 4.03 (and 4.0.5.1491 Beta)

When I add a new playlist to my Sony, if there are any tracks also found on another playlist on the player, those tracks are deleted from the other playlists! Here's how I reproduce the problem:
(1) Create Playlist 1 with two tracks, song "A" and song "B".
(2) Send Playlist 1 to the Sony.
(3) Create Playlist 2 with one track, song "B".
(4) Send Playlist 2 to the Sony.
(5) View playlists on the Sony: Playlist 2 is fine. Playlist 1 now has only one song, song "A". Song "B" has disappeared from the playlist.

From reading the forums, I thought the latest Beta of 4.05 would fix problems with playlist syncing, but it hasn't help. This is maddening. My wife uses multiple playlists for her music teaching, and this is really messing up her work.

twinger
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by twinger » Thu May 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Great. Now my wife tells me that it does exactly the same thing on her Sansa Fuze. I've double-checked, and she's right!

Lowlander
Posts: 46393
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by Lowlander » Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

Are you using AutoSync or manual right click Send To?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

jvk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by jvk » Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 am

twinger wrote:Great. Now my wife tells me that it does exactly the same thing on her Sansa Fuze. I've double-checked, and she's right!
Thanks for articulating this very difficult to convey issue. I'm the same boat with MM 4.0.3.1476 and two Sansa devices.

Never had this problem with MM3. I'm assuming it is a new feature I do not know how to deactivate. I will anxiously watch this thread for the answer.

jvk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by jvk » Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 am

Lowlander wrote:Are you using AutoSync or manual right click Send To?
Right click "Send To..."

Lowlander
Posts: 46393
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by Lowlander » Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I've just tried it with a Sansa Clip+ on 4.0.5.1492. Synced (using Send To) Playlist A with Song 1 and Song 2, disconnected device from PC (to rebuild its database) then reconnected and synced Playlist B with Song 2 and Song 3. After this both Playlists have the expected songs on them so I can't reproduce. If you still can reproduce with the latest 4.0.5 beta (available in Beta forum) then you should create a debug log (step 4b) with the debug version of the latest beta and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

jvk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by jvk » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am

Lowlander wrote:I've just tried it with a Sansa Clip+ on 4.0.5.1492. Synced (using Send To) Playlist A with Song 1 and Song 2, disconnected device from PC (to rebuild its database) then reconnected and synced Playlist B with Song 2 and Song 3. After this both Playlists have the expected songs on them so I can't reproduce. If you still can reproduce with the latest 4.0.5 beta (available in Beta forum) then you should create a debug log (step 4b) with the debug version of the latest beta and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Installed 4.0.5.1493 and still have the issue on my SanDisk BL0808AYDF - 16G.

Is it possible this is a setting that I need turn off?

Lowlander
Posts: 46393
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by Lowlander » Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 am

You should create the debug log as mentioned above and send it to support.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rusty
Posts: 7228
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by rusty » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 pm

I've been able to replicate this on a creative Zen device. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9431

Thank you for the report.

-Rusty

jvk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another playlist

Post by jvk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 pm

rusty wrote:I've been able to replicate this on a creative Zen device. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9431

Thank you for the report.

-Rusty
Wow. I'm glad it worked!

Peke
Posts: 12595
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Syncing one playlist deletes songs from another [#9431]

Post by Peke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 pm

This should be fixed in latest MM version.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Post Reply