[SOLVED] Why am I getting duplicates?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

eaduddy

[SOLVED] Why am I getting duplicates?

Post by eaduddy »

I am new to mediamonkey. In the process of synching music to my iPod, I am ending up with duplicates - two or in some cases three - in both my library and on the iPod. To synch, I am merely dragging my "Music" to the device when I connect it to my computer. I had hoped that mediamonkey would only add the songs that weren't already on the iPod, but it appears to be adding everything again. I'm also confused about why duplicates are showing my in my library as well. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: Why am I getting duplicates?

Post by Lowlander »

Use right click, Send To > Device.

You need to actually sync to not get duplicates: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... zation/4.0

However, you'd first want to deal with duplicates in your Library: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ate-tracks
eaduddy

Post by eaduddy »

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I must clean up my library and eliminate the duplicates. I'm working on that. Once I finish, and sync per your instructions, will the duplicates on my iPod be eliminated? Also, will some old playlists created in iTunes that are still on the iPod be erased? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That depends on your settings. In the Device Profile you'll need to set it to delete all media files not on the sync list to remove all the duplicates (that have since been removed from MediaMonkey), this however will also prompt to remove any unselected Playlists.
eaduddy

Post by eaduddy »

Thank you so much! I recreated the iTunes playlists, and then changed the settings to delete the duplicates and it worked. All is just how I want it now.