Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SquirrelScript

Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by SquirrelScript »

PLUGIN MAINTAINING AND HAS BEEN MOVED TO THIS TOPIC PLUGIN DOWNLOAD HERE

What is Lyricator? / (Quick) history lesson
Lyricator is a plugin for MediaMonkey 3.x, which searches online sources of song lyrics for selected tracks in the user’s library, allows editing of the lyrics on the fly, then saves the lyrics to the music tracks (ID3 tags).

This plugin is based on G-DIABLO & Owyn's Lyricator v1.0, which is based on das Monkey's Lyricator v0.96b plugin.

How do I use it?
  • ● See “Basic Operation” for a quick guide. (Download PDF)
    ● Don’t forget to check the original documentation (as it should still apply).
    ● Tailor/fine-tune it to suit your needs: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Options -> Library -> Lyricator.
Download
Download Link: http://www.squirrelscript.net/dl/click.php?id=6
Update: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Extension -> Find Updates.
Note: Only works from v1.1.1 #30 onwards.

Tip: If you’re using an earlier version (prior to installing Lyricator 1.1.1 #31) and running into issues - uninstall the old version, close & restart MediaMonkey, then install the new version. To uninstall: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Extension -> Lyricator -> Uninstall.

Basic Operation
  • 1. Select some music tracks in your library. If this is your first time using Lyricator, start small: a few songs by a single artist or several tracks in the same album. (Tip: Lyricator works better if the tags are correct for example: Artist, Title, Composer, etc. If these are not accurate, edit them in MediaMonkey).
    2. Go to the Tools menu, select Scripts, and then Lyricator (Tip: You can use the monkey’s face icon in the toolbar as a shortcut).
    3. Lyricator will automatically start searching for combinations of the search criteria (see “Options”) and dynamically showing you what it finds.
    4. The sites being searched will be displayed at the top of the dialog. The colour of the row for each track found indicates the source for the lyrics by colour:
    • Light Red = AZLyrics
      Olive = LyricWIkia
      Light Brown = LyrDB
      Blue/White = LyricsVIP
      Light Purple = LyricsSongs
    5. Once Lyricator has finished you can check the results for accuracy. False positives may be indicated by a mismatch of the artist or song title. If anything is clearly wrong, un-check that track in the left column. (Tip: If certain sites keep giving false positives you may want to disable them in the Options.)
    6. To edit/view the complete lyrics for a single track, right-click on that row, and a scrollable pop-up will display that song’s lyrics. Once you’re done and happy with the lyrics, press “Update” at the top of the pop-up to save them, else click “Cancel changes” at the top to return to the results without changes.
    7. When you’re done, click “Save” at the bottom of Lyricator to write the results to the tracks’ ID3 tag. Click “Close” if you’d like to abandon all the results and make no changes to your tracks.

Options
The configuration screen (MediaMonkey-> Tools -> Options -> Library -> Lyricator) allows you to “tweak” Lyricator for your own needs.
Please note: A few options have their own separate settings for Brute Force attempts with “Artist” and “Title”.
  • Remove Within Parentheses/Brackets/Braces/The/Featuring: Search combinations where text within parentheses/brackets/braces is ignored.
    Ignore Single/Double Quotes: Search combinations where single- and double-quotation marks are ignored.
    Attempt All Artists: Search combinations with each individual artist separately.
    Fix Common Surnames: Search on "Name Surname" when encountering "Surname, Name".
    Delimiter Array: A semi-colon-separated list of words to be used as splitting delimiters.
    Black List: A semi-colon-separated list of words to ignore.
    Cleanup Whitespace: Trim extra space at the end of lines. Consolidate anything more than 2 carriage returns.
    Single-Line Lyrics: You can ignore lyrics of only one line completely or you can specify that if a certain Search String is found in that single line, replace the entire line with the Replace String. This is useful for normalizing/translating different versions of “instrumental.”
    ● You can also choose from multiple lyrics sources. (Tip: During testing, Lyrics-Songs gave some “crazy results”, so it's disabled by default. The website employs its own guessing algorithm. You have been warned!)

Known issues
  • ● The user who runs the script needs administrative privileges for the script to work. Workaround: Check before running!
    ● After running the plug-in, it quickly opens then closes. Workaround: Make sure you select the songs from the “Library” node.
    ● Lyricator can use a significant amount of resources (RAM and network bandwidth) to function, so selecting 10,000+ tracks at once may not be a wise idea. Workaround: Try to limit the amount you select.
    ● Some source(s) may work, then after a while, stop returning anything. This is due to sites selectively blocking IPs based on load. Workaround: Disable the site in Lyricator’s options, and try the site(s) at a later date.
    ● Aborts when UTF-8 characters (e.g. Hebrew) are encountered in ID3 Tags (Artist, Title, etc). Workaround: Edit the tags before running!
    ● Lyricator now appends "Lyrics provided by" at the bottom of each lyric. This isn't a bug, it’s intentional. (It's our way of supporting/advertising the sites that help you get the lyrics.) However… LyricVIP doesn't always add the source at the bottom of the lyrics. THIS is the known issue.
    ● Lyricator is returning t
    he wrong results. Workaround: Disable the source(s).

Support
Please post queries and suggestions in the thread (which can be found on the MediaMonkey support forums, “Need Help With Addons” section). Any feedback (good or bad), bug reports, and feature suggestions are always welcomed.

“Shout Outs”
  • ● das Monkey - Thanks for Lyricator v0.9.6b.
    ● G-DIABLO & Owyn - Thanks for Lyricator v1.1.0.021.
    ● davidbspalding, martialartsguy, Devo7v... and everyone else who helped test it (sorry I can't name you all) - Thanks guys. You really did help a lot.
    AZlyrics, Lyrics Wikia, LyrDB, LyricsVIPand Lyrics-Songs - Thanks for having good databases of lyrics.
    ● Lyricator users - Thanks for your patience, feedback, and continuing support of this plugin.

~SquirrelScript

Change Log
v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-15)
  • ● Add: AZLyrics.com and LyrDB.com as sources
    ● Add: Colour coding of sites in results
    ● Add: Option to remove "The" and "Ft,Ft.,feat,feat.,featuring" from artist and/or title
    ● Add: Toolbar icon
    ● Add: "Legend" on output window
    ● Add: "Lyric sources" to output window
    ● Add: "Lyric stats" to output window
    ● Add: "Lyrics provided by" to lyrics
    ● Add: "Time out" feature
    ● Add: "Update" feature (Tools -> Extension -> Find Updates)
    ● Fix: LyricWikia.org (now Lyric.wikia.com) & Lyrics-songs.com (now Letras.Terra.com.br) sources
    ● Fix: "Duplicate Artist Search" bug
    ● Fix: "Percent Sign/Ampersand in ID3" bug
    ● Fix: "Source Selection" bug
    ● Update: Enabled "multi domain searching" again
    ● Update: Move a few things about in options
    ● Update: Replaced LyricsPlugin with LyricsVIP.com (Cuts out "the middle man")
    ● Update: Tweaked the log file and the internal workings
    ● Update: Lyric text cleanup
Last edited by SquirrelScript on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Got Code?~

Code: Select all

http://www.SquirrelScript.net
klinsten

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by klinsten »

a big thank you from me and all other lyricator users.

will have a go at this in the next few days.
dR.aG

Post by dR.aG »

Amazing, a big "Thank you!" from here!
Rednroll

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by Rednroll »

SquirrelScript wrote:
Tip: If you’re using an earlier version (prior to installing Lyricator 1.1.1 #31) and running into issues - uninstall the old version, close & restart MediaMonkey, then install the new version.
Very awesome!!!

I have one kind of dumb question.......what is the best way to uninstall the previous version of lyricator? Do I just delete the older script from my MM "scripts" folder?
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

woah... i am speechless! a huge thank you!
I have one kind of dumb question.......what is the best way to uninstall the previous version of lyricator? Do I just delete the older script from my MM "scripts" folder?
it is the same way as you uninstall other addons.
extras --> addons--> look for lyricator --> deinstall
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Corrected for MM 3.2.4.1304.
heartofhate wrote:
Rednroll wrote:...What is the best way to uninstall the previous version of lyricator?
Tools --> Extensions --> look for lyricator --> deinstall
Then restart MM to be sure. If the old Lyricator folder is still there after uninstall, no worries as I tested this uninstall-restart-install practice.

As mentioned in the Release Notes, 1.1.1.31 only updates from the Extensions dialog for version 30 Beta onward, earlier versions should be de-installed first. Starting with 1.1.1.31, Lyricator will update normally from the Extensions dialog.
Last edited by davidbspalding on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

Thank you!
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

heartofhate wrote:woah... i am speechless! a huge thank you!
extras --> addons--> look for lyricator --> deinstall
Thank you!!!! I guess, I'm still learning new things in MM. :lol: I always just went to my scripts folder and deleted it.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

Corrected for MM 3.2.4.1304.

heartofhate wrote:

Rednroll wrote:...What is the best way to uninstall the previous version of lyricator?

Tools --> Extensions --> look for lyricator --> deinstall
my fault. i am using the german version :D

after searching lyrics for 1200 songs i couldn't really see a false outcome when i looked through. i am really pleased with this little script :D
it seems that the script isn't able to handle cyrillic letters. this is my only "problem".
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Ok sorry.....I'm really feeling stupid right about now. Where is this "Extras" menu item located in MM?

I looked under every menu in my MM and can't find it. I'm currently using MM v3.2.4.1304.

{Edit} Ok...found it, just re-read davidbspalding's reply. Thanks!!!!
Rvan

Post by Rvan »

Thanks!!!! :D
Michel37

Post by Michel37 »

Perfect, thanks for this script.
shrodes

Post by shrodes »

Love the new update! So far it's found about 6.8% more lyrics than the old Lyricator :D

Is it possible to get it to not recognise stuff like 'and' in the middle of words. For instance, Ghostland Observatory attempts to match Ghostl Observatory. Can you make it so it only removes stuff like 'the' and 'and' when they are surrounded by whitespace (' the ', ' and ')?
Al4MM

Post by Al4MM »

Awesome! And Wow!
Thanks for getting this up and running.
All's working well, and the speed at which lyrics are found are impressive.
nohitter151

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by nohitter151 »

I've split this from the original topic so that the addon is easier to find. Thanks for your hard work on this!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.