The most recent 1.0 build will always be in the last post in this thread. To be notified of future builds, just subscribe to the thread.
During the pre-release testing period, we're going to post builds with a number of different labels:
- Alpha builds are feature incomplete, and have undergone limited testing. They're for the adventurous among you.
Beta builds are near feature complete and have undergone more thorough testing, but along with many known issues, still have their fair share unknown issues.
Release candidates are feature complete, and well-tested, and should have all issues categorized as 'immediate or urgent' resolved, and have few unknown issues.
Developer builds are used internally for testing and whose stability hasn't been verified. They are shared with hardcore testers so that there aren't long gaps between formal Alpha / Beta / RC builds.
With that said, here's our first MediaMonkey for Android build. Before you rush into downloading it, remember that it's pre-release software and contains a variety of functions that haven't been thoroughly tested. The software is being provided for feedback and testing purposes -- please backup your data to protect against data loss.
- - See About MediaMonkey for Android to learn a bit more about the product
- Here's a list of remaining known issues
- - To sync wirelessly with MediaMonkey, you'll need to install MediaMonkey 4.1+ (4.1 is currently in beta testing, available via the beta forum)
- The test builds include all functionality, but expire after 30 days. Note that certain functions may become pay-only features at the end of the beta cycle.
- - After downloading the .apk to your Android phone/tablet, use an explorer (e.g. ES Explorer, Total Commander, Astro File Manager) to install the .apk
- If you're prompted that it can't be installed because it's not from the Google Play store, go to Settings > Security and enable installation from '[x] Unknown sources'
- After installing, you can find MediaMonkey in the 'App Drawer'
- To test wireless synchronization, you can install MediaMonkey 4.1+ currently available via the beta forum.
- - During Beta stages of MediaMonkey for Android each update would be needed to be started Manually after downloading updated installation .apk
Enjoy and please let us know what you think!
-The MediaMonkey Team