Can't find a sync server

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bowbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Can't find a sync server

Post by bowbag »

So I've got two android phones, a S3 and S4. I'm using them on my home lan with a Asus router in between. All ports are open on the lan, no restrictions. I remote manage a bunch of other devices on my lan with no issues (Yamaha receiver, DLNA server, Dune, etc). My PC is running win7 64b. Mediamonkey on the pc 4.0.7.1511 I have the latest MMA beta installed on both phones. However neither will find the server. I verified with MMW's settings that the server is running and I've tried all different ports. If I run a port scanner from one of the phones I can see the port is indeed open and it's finding it as "Vtun-VPN Software". Any recommendations as to how to proceed?
bowbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by bowbag »

Weird, so if I go to "UPnP servers" in MMA my windows host shows right up. I can step through to my playlist and even play tracks from there. But still no sync server found. Is there something else that needs to be running on the Windows host?
dtsig
Posts: 3588
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by dtsig »

I would try the newest mmw. you could do this as a portable install if you want. And with my Samsung devices has become pretty fault free
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
bowbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by bowbag »

Yea, I'm a doofus. I didn't realize I needed MMW 4.1 Getting it now...
jens.uffhaus
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:05 am

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by jens.uffhaus »

Hi There

I have MM 4.1.0.1688(Portable Mode) installed with a Gold Lifetime License.

I also have MM installed on my Samsung S4 and on my Samsung Tab2.

The S4 finds and syncs with my Library perfectly and its fast. I just love syncing with an Auto Playlist (last 4Gb of played songs). Keeps my phone up to-to-date with my listening habits.

Unfortunately though my Tablet is unable to find a Sync Server and both are connected to the same WiFi router on the same network. Any ideas?
rusty
Posts: 9092
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We've been unable to replicate the failure to find a sync server, but one user indicated that when he restarted MMW, and rebooted his device, it solved the problem.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

-Rusty
jens.uffhaus
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:05 am

Re: Can't find a sync server

Post by jens.uffhaus »

Hi there.

Ok. I tried disconnecting from the WiFi network and rejoining and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Hmmm.

Interestingly the sync process on the Tab2 is MUCh slower than on the S4. Processor related?

Considering my issue resolved at this point. Thanks
Post Reply