Forward button issues with new MMA 1.3.0.0682

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

starsky

Forward button issues with new MMA 1.3.0.0682

Post by starsky »

I've been using MMA for about 6 months with no issues. Since last week when my Android smartphone installed the newest version of MMA, I am experiencing strange problems with the audio not playing when initiating a playlist and the using the forward button.

I'm running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here's a list of the issues I am having since the last MMA update. I'm curious if anyone is experiencing similar.

Open a playlist and play song - no audio
Press pause and then play, audio works
Press forward button, track advances but again no audio
Press forward again, track advances but still no audio
Press pause and then play, audio comes back but it's playing the song which was playing the first time you pressed forward
After about 5 seconds, the song audio switches to the current track

Very unusual behavior. I tried rebooting my phone a number of times, clearing the entire internal storage cache, and making sure there were no other apps running in the background. The behavior I listed above is consistent every time.
starsky

Re: Forward button issues with new MMA 1.3.0.0682

Post by starsky »

Btw, I never signed up for any beta channel/program in Google Play. Is MMA 1.3.0.0682 the newest beta? If so might there have been an issue with the wrong version posted on Google Play by any chance? I just went in and updated my apps, and this latest version was installed.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I am not seeing those issues. You might try a restart and see if it continues to happen.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
starsky

Post by starsky »

Thanks dtsig - I did restart my phone several times, but the issue did not get resolved.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Starsky,

I just tried to replicate this on about 10 different devices (running Android 5, 6, 7), but was unable to. Can you tell me:
- What device you're using?
- Does changing the Options > Audio Transition settings (None/Gapless/Crossfade) make a difference?
- Does the problem only occur with playlists or with any track (e.g. if you click Tracks > <TrackName> to initiate playback) ?
- Assuming it occurs with Tracks, does it occur with _all_ tracks or is it specific to certain ones (e.g. a particular audio format)?

Lastly, can you trigger the problem and generate a debug log (click About MediaMonkey > Send logs, and post the log ID here) ?

Thanks!

-Rusty
starsky

Post by starsky »

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the feedback. I am using a BlackBerry DTEK50. This is basically a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4.

I made an interesting find since my last post. A couple of weeks ago BlackBerry released a new app called "Privacy Shade", which I had also recently installed (see https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lter&hl=en). Just by fluke, I decided to uninstall this app and reboot my phone. After I restarted, I can no longer reproduce the issues I reported, and everything is working normally again.

Just to be sure, I reinstalled Privacy Shade again. There is a feature in that program to 'always show notification' (so you can easily enable/disable the shade), and when that feature is enabled, the problem comes back. I also have BlackPlayer installed, but that application is not affected by this issue.

BTW: When the issue was happening, changing the Options > Audio Transition settings (None/Gapless/Crossfade) or playing tunes via playlists or track view, made no difference.

So a very bizarre problem overall. I am uninstalling Privacy Shade, as it's not that important anyway.

Maybe you can try installing it on one of your phones to see if you can duplicate what I encountered.