Smart Playlists or alternatives

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

wm_hess

Smart Playlists or alternatives

Post by wm_hess »

Hello

I'm using both MMA which I'm syncing to Media Monkey Windows. Doing this I can use the Windows ability of Smart Playlists. My playlists are something like 5 star & not played in 7 days, 4 star, not played in 25 days, limited to 40 songs, then 3-1 star with the same logic, just different days and song limitations. I then make a master smart playlist that combines the 5, and mix them up. This master playlist is normally 8-10 hours in length, which sufficient for a typical day. I then have a constantly revolving list of music I haven't heard in a while. Works well, and I'm happy.

There are times though, when I'm out of town, and cannot access the Windows MediaMonkey server (I also just transitioned from a Logitech Squeezebox system using Itunes to a Polk Play-fi Home Stereo system using MediaMonkey). Herein lies the problem. Unless I'm missing something MMA doesn't have any type of smart playlist capabilities. Is there some way I can attach the needed data to the music file itself, so another Android app that does have smart playlist capability can read the data. Absent that, I might be able to place the music files (approx 3,000 are on my phone, > 10,000 on the server) on Onedrive. If I went that route, what MediaMonkey files would need to be stored in Onedrive?.

Any other suggestions or observations would be appreciated!

-Bill
Lowlander

Re: Smart Playlists or alternatives

Post by Lowlander »

Most tags are stored in the files, but Play History isn't. There is no way MediaMonkey can do this, and I'm not sure if there is any App that could read this data.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... o+playlist
rusty

Post by rusty »

Bill,

If you have 3000 tracks synced to your phone, why not just make a few other playlists in MMW similar to the one that you already created?

e.g. I normally have '300 tracks not played in 2weeks rated 4+' but when I go on a trip I might add '500 tracks not played in 1 month rated 3+' and '200 unrated tracks' etc.

-Rusty
wm_hess

Post by wm_hess »

Thank you Rusty. That is my alternate plan. Now I'm working on getting MMA for a Fiio X7 player (Android 4.4.4 I believe). Everything I've found or tried to download require a updated version of Google Play Services. Oh what fun!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Have you tried to sideload APK file from other sources?

I PERSONALLY sometimes use APKMirror ( http://www.apkmirror.com/faq/ ) here is for http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc ... -services/ but that do not garantie it will work, even it worked for me on few occasions when it was needed.

WARNING: Please NOTE that this is my personal preference not official response from Ventis and you can try/use suggestions on your own risk.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wm_hess

Post by wm_hess »

Thanks Pavle for the suggestion. Ventis support was able to point me in the right direction, and I was able to side load it up. It's working fine now and.

-Bill