- The MM5 control name is not as helpful as it could be ... "collapse all groups" ... firstly it doesn't "collapse", it just filters ... secondly, it appears that it only affects albums and their tracks ... so why not be clearer, and have the option name something like "limit album track rows"
- why have 2 separate controls just to toggle something off and on? ... it should be a single button control like the Location node's "include subfolders" button
- the option setting does not persist ... ie. it is reinitialised to default whenever you re-enter Album&Tracks view ... eg. toggle through cycle of Art>List>Album&Track views
- the 2nd column has a confusing name ... it should be "Album Summary" ... or just "Summary" ... there is already a column named "Album"
- the Choose Columns dbox is confusing when called from A&T view. It doesn't display the first two columns (ie. Artwork & "Summar") ... They should show in that list, as disabled, ie. not available for Add|Remove actions
- the incorrectly named "album" column heading cannot be used to set descending sort sequence ... ie. I can click it to cause display to be sorted by AlbumSummary, but a 2nd click does not reverse the sort order
- it would good if the entry field had a little "x" hotspot, so I could clear the search field
- search tooltip ... would good if it mentioned that all search is for words starting xxx, not for words containing xxx ... eg "ank" finds Paul Anka, but not Frank Zappa
- search string +A... tooltip isn't very clear ... is a case sensitive search? ... is, you should state explicitly
- the tool tips do not make clear I can use multiple characters, such as +Fran ... ie use multi character strings in your tooltip examples, where applicable
- a pattern of AA:xxxxx for AlbumArtist:xxxxx would be really good, due to length of that tag name ... probably mnemonics for other primary tags also as Track, Genre, ALbum, ARtist
- tools|option|library|search|searchmode "respect diacritix" ... causes the following crash when sorting.. big stack of error dboxes ... if I get past one of these sql errors, these is a different sql error in a following query ... both shown in illustration below
- tools|option|library|search|SearchForFollowFields ... Custom6, Custom7, etc are defaulted off ... intentional?
- tools|option|library|search|SearchForFollowFields ... suggest Path is off by default ... for the same reason (I guess) that Publisher is off by default, ie. the path col is not usually displayed, so can be hard to see what caused the match ... ie. I spent a lot of time trying see why unexpected tracks were returned ... the cause was the path, ie. Search for +Frank and was returning a track with tag containing "frank" ... the issue was that the track name (in path) was spelt in lower case
- maybe have a sort configuration option which only will only search the currently displayed columns? ... this could be a good default option ... ie. will generate less support queries, maybe
- crash: 367589F0 ... filter a display (with funnel) ... click funnel to collapse filter, or change to another node .... then click the funnel icon again ... dump, and UI then goes white
- filter of Artist & AlbumArtist tabs is potentially confusing. ... below I have filtered Genre=Jazz & AlbumArtist starts with J ... the result includes all albums by Anouar Brahem (ie. no J) ???? ... after some study I found that I have one album which lists both Anouar and John Surman as AlbumArtists. .... the question is whether Anouar should be listed here at all? ... the album appears in this filtered view twice ... once under Anouar Braham, which lists that one album PLUS all the albums that have no albumartist starting with J .... AND it also lists that album under John Surman ... maybe we only need the John Surman group? ... or maybe the Anouar group should not display his other albums, because they have no artists start with J ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbgrpe3mhe4ax ... m.png?dl=0
- there was an exception that occurred that wasn't sent to you
Toolbar buttons commands can be reassigned or messed up.
- The following shows that a press of the filter button had an unexpected result.
I reported something similar to Peke, but then was unable to replicate it. ... that time I pressed the Location tab's "subfolders" toolbar button, and it took me to the same place as the Filter button in the diagram attached below.
- I have PM'd Peke a link to my persistent json file while this problem persisted
- confusion about what "tracks" relates to here.
- Both the Genre node and tab, group genre names, in a case insensitive manner ... ie "Jazz" == "jazz" ... there is only node .... This does not happen in the column Browser ... there is a row for "Jazz" and also a row for "jazz"
The MyLibrary|Online toggle currently looks like a facility which is still searching for its purpose.
I would use the panel to see a comparison between my own album, and the official version: ie. what is extra on my version, or is missing, or is a different length to the official version.
The current design is not ideal for this purpose. ... A combination screen would be better for seeing differences. ... You already have the version comparison logic for sync to Google Play Music
Track name | MyLibrary Length | Online Length
The Visitor ....... | ...... | 05:47
Head over heels| 03:47 | 03:48