MM5 crashes when skipping tracks in Google Play Music [#15219]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pbryanw

MM5 crashes when skipping tracks in Google Play Music [#15219]

Post by pbryanw »

Hi,

I'm using MM 5.0.2134 and have added Google Play Music to my list of Devices & Services.

I'm having a problem whereby if I skip a few songs quickly in succession, MediaMonkey freezes with a white window, and I have to quit the program in Task Manager to exit it.

I've switched off all Auto conversion options for Google Play Music, and have synced my Library with these two options (under Remote Content):
  • On sync, update the library with links to matching content on 'Google Play Music'
  • Add links to 'Google Play Music' content missing from the library
I've not selected the option to download content missing from the library. I first noticed this issue on an Intel NUC PC, and have been able to reproduce on my main computer (which is running Windows 10 x64 1809).

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Peke

Re: MM 5.0.2134 crashes when skipping tracks in Google Play Music

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Due the alpha stages it is common to experience errors unfortunately, also GPM plugin is under constant updates and changes.

We would be grateful if you can make Debug log as Described here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=30&t=69 then open support ticket or upload somewhere and put DL link here or to me in PM so that we can analyze.

Also You should leave White screen for a while and Debug Freeze should trigger after some time that will allow you to copy LOG ID before send in it to us that you can Paste here for analyze.

THX for reporting, I hope we can do more ATM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

@Peke - Hi & thanks for your help again - I've uploaded the Debug log to my own webspace here (in a zip file): http://pbryanw.co.uk/MM5GPMCrashLog.zip

I hope I've done it correctly, and it will be of some use to you. I also left MM 5 at the white window for around 10-15 minutes, but Debug Freeze hadn't triggered by this time - is it worth repeating the error, then leaving MM 5 for longer this time?

Thanks, Paul
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try It, but it should trigger in 5-10 Min.

Have you looked that there is no hidden crash window behind?

I'll alert rest of team about this.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for the log, based on the log it freezes in in_mfaudio.dll when stopping playback(between 'in_mfaudio: Stop - releasing pReader' and 'in_mfaudio: Stop - pReader released') -- we are looking into it.

BTW: For some reason the version info (and build number) is missing in the debug log, can you confirm that you have tested the newest build 2134 ? Or which build you have tested?
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

@ludek - I can confirm I'm using MM 5.0.0.2134 (found in Help -> About). Thanks to both of you for your help with this.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

I have reproduced the problem, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15219

Thanks for the report.
pbryanw

Re: MM5 crashes when skipping tracks in Google Play Music [#15219]

Post by pbryanw »

@MiPi - Hi, many thanks for fixing this in MM5 5.0.0.2135 alpha.

Although this crash is now fixed, I've noticed the end of each track is getting cut-off when streaming songs from GPM.

This is using the new MM5 5.0.0.2145 Beta, with only HW Acceleration enabled for Directsound output, and my songs set to repeat & shuffle.

The cut-off occurs when a track nears its end, and the next track (in the shuffle order) is about to start.

I wonder if you can reproduce this? Thanks again.