native CUE sheet support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

GZoSt

native CUE sheet support

Post by GZoSt » Thu May 29, 2008 11:15 am

I have been considering switching from my current player, 1by1, to MediaMonkey for a while. Whenever I'm almost ready, I come across a new mix CD in one file with a cue-sheet.
After some tries I got a handler plug-in to work, but this is not really a satisfactory solution, since my hotkeys for next/previous track don't work with this.
How come something as powerful as MediaMonkey doesn't handle this native and in a satifactory fashion? 1by1, at around 100KB total player size manages well enough...

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri May 30, 2008 4:02 am

Was the plugin my "Cue Reader" script? I know it's not ideal, and that native support should be added, but if you have any suggestions for improvement to my script I'd be happy to take a look (except the hotkey thing unfortunately, I don't think there's anything I can do about that!). :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

GZoSt

cue reader script

Post by GZoSt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Yes, it is your script - and first of all thank you for providing this, as well as your entire repository of scripts!
The script is fine as it is - displays the titles, enables direct access of any of them - there really isn't more that it could do as a script. The problem is just that - it is not a part of the program, not integrated with the hotkeys, the library etc., so nothing that you can do about it.
The only thing that could be fixed is this annoying active-X warning that comes up every time I start the script.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:41 pm

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Tibidoh

Re: native CUE sheet support

Post by Tibidoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm wondering if there any way to implement representing of image+cue like a series of separate tracks with Winamp API. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with it so can anyone say something about?

--
Sorry for my English

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Have you tried Almighty Cue Lord script? I think it's doing it.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Tibidoh

Post by Tibidoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks! That's much better. But it still hasn't media library support so my question is actual yet. I realize that it's much deeper integration add trying to find out is it technically possible.

JiKu

Post by JiKu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:05 am

I'm adding vote for this wish. The cue support in the library is, in my opinion, the only missing feature in the MediaMonkey. Otherwise it's just perfect.
Actually I've found this as I was searching web whether there is anything new with cues in MM so that I could start to use it again.
Cue support as that in foobar2000 would be quite sufficient...

drughetto

cue sheet suport please

Post by drughetto » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm

hi
today with large hard disk many users rip their cds with flac encoder with a cue sheet

why don't add it like feature?
i know there is an extension but too old and almost every player support cue sheets
thanks

Peke

Re: cue sheet suport please

Post by Peke » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:44 pm

drughetto wrote:today with large hard disk many users rip their cds with flac encoder with a cue sheet
I would disagree with you, as I for example always prefer separated tracks, while crossfading again can make them whole.

Back in 2000 I've created my first CUESheet Reader/Editor in order to burn CDs. Even standard is straightforward trust me if we want to implement it correctly into MMW library structure it is way too complicated and risky. So until any major changes in MM happen (like MM5) and some basic handling (those behind the scene) is improved we are better this way than making things much more unstable.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum