Synchronize Tags fails [#5651]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

fourteen

Synchronize Tags fails [#5651]

Post by fourteen » Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Build 1247, Vista

(Interestingly, I used to have no tracks listed under "Files to Edit/Unsychronized Tags" and now, using build 1247, some tracks suddenly show up. These tracks have not been touched/edited for a long time so something seems to have changed in a recent build, something that determines whether a tag is synchronized or not.)

I have some tracks that MediaMonkey fails to "Synchronize Tags". The tracks show up under "Files to Edit/Unsychronized Tags" with the Date column highlighted and after selecting them and doing "Synchronize Tags", the tracks still remain under "Files to Edit/Unsychronized Tags" (even after quitting and restarting MediaMonkey). I am providing a link to a particular mp3 file that demonstrates this below.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4819 seems to be somewhat related. Or perhaps it has something to do whether the Date tag is stored in id3v1 or id3v2? I don't know if it is a bug or expected behavior, but in any case, MediaMonkey fails to synchronize the tags and does not provide any feedback about why.

Steps to replicate:
- start with an empty MediaMonkey library (not really necessary)
- download and save http://www.archive.org/download/Malcolm ... to_Bed.mp3
- Add/Re-scan the Malcolm_X_Put_Them_to_Bed.mp3 track into MediaMonkey
- go to Files to Edit/Unsychronized Tags
- select and right click the track and then select "Synchronize Tags"
- notice how the track remains under Files to Edit/Unsychronized Tags with the Date field highlighted

Southern_Gal

Re: Synchronize Tags fails

Post by Southern_Gal » Tue May 19, 2009 2:11 am

Having the same experience here. The problem seems to be mostly with songs that have empty date fields. It doesn't matter how many times you synchronize......they still show up as files to edit. Was not a problem before 1247. In addition (but having nothing to do with that issue) Retrieval of data from Amazon is stuck on the UK .com, and will not toggle to the US .com or other country (no matter how many times you click it). Last but not least, who took the comment field out as a choice to use in the track browser? :-(

Not complaining, just trying to help. If those things never get fixed, I still have 2.3 TB of data pretty well organized that I otherwise would not. :-) Good job, team.

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 am

I can confirm this behavior.

I actually indicated it in an earlier and perhaps unrelated thread http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=38623
--
The gpzbc

rusty

Post by rusty » Thu May 21, 2009 5:02 pm