i tried today to use MM internal build (184.108.40.2069 both with and without the dll posted above), as well as beta 2 build 220.127.116.117 (again, with and without the posted dll above) and followed all the steps below, yet I still am unable to get my new 5th gen nano to play the synchronized music / playlists. even though synchronization occurs and the music is clearly on the actual ipod (i can see it in MM & via my computer) the ipod itself always says it has no music.
step by step, here's what i did:
1) completely uninstalled MM (including cleaning up registry, MM dir under program files, and app data under users)
2) installed MM
3) dropped the new d_iPod.dll to the plugins dir
4) opened MM
5) tools > options > portable devices. i see "iPod" as the Name of the device with d_iPod.dll listed.
a) deleted any iPod/iPhone devices using the d_wmdm driver (i didn't have any)
b) disabled Generic/Portable Audio Device
6) connected my ipod - it shows up as USB Mass Storage Device
now, back under tools > options > portable devices... things look different. "iPod" has changed to "USB Mass Storage Device" as the Name, but still with d_iPod.dll as plugin.
9) I can setup playlists, etc to sync... run auto-sync, etc. Files get copied to the ipod, but the ipod cannot see/play them. It always says there is no music.