I've played a bit with the VBS script--enough to determine that fixing the duplicated Partner Key attribute value does repair the problem I reported. I don't yet understand the code well enough to offer a repair that I can stand by, which I hope the author, Trixmoto, will supply. And, of course, unless the script is open source, and I see no evidence that it is, I don't have the legal right to create and publish a derivative work, even one that fixes a problem.
However, I don't see any reason why I can't disclose the fix I made, so here it is. I changed line 1190 of the VBS script from:
- Code: Select all
pu = GetText(itm.getElementsByTagName("playURL").Item(0))&pid
- Code: Select all
pu = GetText(itm.getElementsByTagName("playURL").Item(0))
However, that change wasn't enough to achieve MP3Tunes bliss. I found several additional bugs which may be easy or hard to fix; I don't know. Here's the first: In about 10% of cases, the URL associated with a song is incorrect. I don't find anything obviously wrong with the syntax, so to speak, of the URL. So the cause of this problem is obscure.
I also find that every song within a playlist has the same Album name. I suspect that the name of the album of the first song in the playlist is being used for every subsequent song in the playlist.
Although it's by no means a bug, I would like to be able to play songs that aren't part of a playlist or, alternatively, to be able to create playlists from within MM. It's possible that the script supports either or both of these functions and I just can't figure out how to use them. But, I suspect these would be additional functions. I have no idea how hard it might be to add them, whether they could be added at all, or whether Trixmoto has any interest in adding these functions. But, I really like the idea and design of this script and hope that it can be maintained and even improved.