MM4 - Genre Dropdown Needs Reset

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

travelgirl

MM4 - Genre Dropdown Needs Reset

Post by travelgirl »

occasionally, the genre dropdown list will contain misspelled or corrupted data, and i have yet to find a way to remove that data, even after correcting the misspelling. having said that, with 20k+ songs, it's probably difficult at best to ascertain if that corruption/misspelling is hiding somewhere else within the data. i've tried searching specifically for "Voca" when the correct data is "Vocal", and i receive all "Vocal", too, which makes finding something with the wrong length difficult.

i am seeing "Soul - R&B Choral' in the list, though i cannot find a single instance anywhere in the data. i can understand why it might have corrupted (adding three genres together (Soul, R&B, Choral) into one without a separator), but as far as i can tell, the "Soul - R&B Choral" cannot be found.

is there a way to reset the genre database to only those items it can find, with a? is there a better tool than "RegExp Find and Replace" for touching the database to make global changes?

thanks...
travelgirl

Re: MM4 - Genre Dropdown Needs Reset

Post by travelgirl »

never mind. i did a rebuild of the full-text search index and a complete optimization. that seems to have fixed things.

my bad. sorry to bother :)