Moving playlist and tag changes from phone to PC

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

drewmacdonald

Moving playlist and tag changes from phone to PC

Post by drewmacdonald »

I want the changes I make to playlists and tags on my Samsung Android phone (using latest MMA) to update the playlists and tags on my PC (using USB synch with MMW 5.0.4.2693)

I'm not referring to the music files themselves; I will never feel confident enough to risk deleting actual mp3s and flacs from my PC source library because I touched the wrong button on my phone. I don't create new playlists on my phone and I do not place new music files on the phone itself. All the music files and the playlists on my phone originate from my source PC.

But once the MMW-created playlists are already on my phone, I would like to move tracks from one existing playlist to another and/or adjust the tags on tracks (adding Genre, determining a star rating, etc.) and then have those changes be updated in my PC library during the next sync.

Surely this is possible. I've stumbled through the FAQs and archives trying to find an appropriate thread with applicable instructions, but just not seeing it. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Moving playlist and tag changes from phone to PC

Post by Lowlander »

drewmacdonald

Post by drewmacdonald »

That worked. Thank you, Lowlander.
Chondog

Post by Chondog »

Funny...I came to the board to ask the exact same question. However, I do NOT want to sync "files" back to my PC. I only want to sync playlists from MMA back to MM5. There doesn't seem to be a way of syncing playlists without also having music on my phone (that is not already on the server) also being transferred to the PC. Am I correct?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can try deselecting the folder(s) where the music resides, however if you Sync Playlist back without the files they won't work (which is why it's one setting).
Chondog

Post by Chondog »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:32 pm You can try deselecting the folder(s) where the music resides, however if you Sync Playlist back without the files they won't work (which is why it's one setting).
My entire library is synced to my phone (54K files) so all of the files in my playlist are already in my server. Thus, your solution may work. Thanks.