AutoRateAccurate - Release 1.61 (10/11/2006) [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

AutoRateAccurate - Release 1.61 (10/11/2006) [MM2]

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi guys,
I decided to create a new thread because this is the first final release and has (almost) nothing to do with my first test versions.

AutoRateAccurate

What is it?
This script rates the songs of your library based on informations like Playcounter, DaysInLibrary, PlayedPerDay, LastPlayed and SkipCounter. This way the rating will also be increased if you listened a song with your portable player like ipod!
And it is really easy to use: Normally you only have to enable AutoRateAccurate in the MediaMonkey-Options.

Features:
The script does al lot more than just rating the files:

-Autocalibration
This is one of the mainfeatures of AutoRateAccurate. It calibrates automatically the rating-algorithm so that you never get too much high rated or too much low rated songs. In the Options you can decide how much percent of your library should have five stars and then automatically the algortihm gets adjusted. AND: If you don't want the script to give some ratings, for example half star, just set that value to 0%, like in the screenshot.
This Autocalibration takes about 3 seconds here and can be started automatically on startup of MediaMonkey, which is optional but recommended.

-KeepManualRatings
One of the importants thing for me was to create a script which doesn't need any Custom-fields or other field for additional informations and doesn't overwrite ratings you set yourself. This two options can be activated or deactivated and are very useful if you also want to rate your songs. Also users of portable mp3-players like ipod who rate with the player don't have to fear that their ratings get over-written.

-SkipDetection
This features ckecks if a song has benn skipped. If yes it will update the SkipCounter which is saved in the ratings-field but in a way it is not visible. This skipcounter will also have an influence on the rating of the song, because skipped songs are probably not so good songs. This feature can also be deactivated in a very easy way: Over the MediaMonkey-Menubar. So you only have to click in the SD-icon (looks not so nice yet, I know...) and then the SkipDetection is active or inactive. This is useful if you search a song or want to use a script like "SongPreviewer".
By the way although a skip is only counted if at least ten seconds and at most 80% of the song have been played. This values can be changed in the ini-file. I think there's no need for changing this through the optionsheet since the default values work well in most cases.

Downloads:
Not available anymore. Click here to download new version 2.x.

Comments:
After about 50 hours of programming/scripting and 2 complete rewrites of the code this version should finally be stable. Here it works great and I saw no problem so far. Although it could happen that you existent ratings get overwritten or messed up. So don't blame me afterwards! :wink:
If you discover a bug, please post it here or write a PM.

Changes:
-Version 1.01 (27/05/2006)
First Public Release

-Version 1.02 (27/05/2006)
Fixed: Custom1-Field got overwritten (forgotten line from my debug version)

-Version 1.03 (28/05/2006)
Fixed: SkipDetection didn't work under some circumstances
Fixed: Crash if Skip>Playcounter
Fixed: Ratings sometimes too low

-Version 1.1 (05/06/2006)
Added: "Reset SkipCounter" option
Added: "SkipCalculation" option (so you can disable the Skip-Feature completely)
Fixed: Different stability bugs
Fixed: Minor bugs
Fixed: Grammer in OptionSheet ;)
Changed: SkipCounter

-Version 1.11 (21/06/2006)
Changed: Huge speed increase of the Update Library function

-Version 1.2 (25/06/2006)
Changed: Speed improved again
Changed: New icons

-Version 1.5 (08/09/2006)
Added: New "AutoRate now!"-button which recalculates the ratings of all your songs. (Requested by Spazz)
Added: Different "tools" to reset SkipCounter, delete AutoRateAccurate ratings or all ratings. Available in the options under "more".
Added: ProgressBar which shows the progress if you autorate the whole library.
Added: A information at the first startup and more tooltips which describe the different options.
Fixed: Uninstall deleted the whole MediaMonkey-folder.
Fixed: If you played a song before configurating AutoRateAccurate you got an error. (Probably your problem, Sgrom)
Changed: Minor improvements and code cleanup.

-Version 1.6 (29/10/2006)
Added: Confirmations on the "more"-functions. (Thanks kanski)
Added: Function to update tags. Useful for iPod-users. (Thanks BerniPi)
Changed: Improved SkipDetection&SkipCounter for a more accurate rating of "bad" songs.
Fixed: MinSkip didn't work correctly for songs with PlayCounter=0. (Thanks kanski)
Fixed: Crash with fresh database.
Fixed: Some minor (but important) bugs and interface problems.

-Version 1.61 (10/11/2006)
Removed: BrowseByArt-Check. The issue with SkipDetection has been solved so it's useless now.
Changed: "Save changes to tags" renamed to "Rewrite tags". (Thanks TJOHO)

Have fun! :D
Big_Berny
Last edited by Big_Berny on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 am, edited 22 times in total.
Mike1002

Error

Post by Mike1002 »

I had this working great last night, its a great script!

When i opened up MM today (after installing AdvancedReport) when i skip a track i get the following errors:

[img=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6641/19xu.jpg]
And then
[img=http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9313/20wz1.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike.
Miki

Was Me

Post by Miki »

That was me :)

Errors I receive:

And then

Sorry :)

Miki.

All options are enabled or set to default.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Thanks for the feedback and the compliment. :) I'll check that this evening.

Big_Berny
Miki

Re-Install

Post by Miki »

Should i try a re-install?
Or try removing AdvancedReport?

Thanks.

I was dreading have to rate all the songs myself :)

-A Re-install worked :)
If it happens again ill post, Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Please let me know if it's something to do with my Advanced Report script that is causing this problem. I cannot imagine what it would be though.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Did you remove a song? It could crash if it tries to calculate the rating of a script which has been deleted because the songid no longer exists. Version 1.04 will fix that and another veryvery small "bug".

EDIT: The next version will be 1.1 because it contains some important fixes. Unfortunately it will probably not be compatible with 1.03 so the SkipCounter will be reseted. But since the script is new that shouldn't be a big problem. It want it to be the most stable version so I have to test it before releasing.

What do you think about the ratings? Are they accurate for you?

Bye
Big_Berny
Miki

Post by Miki »

Ratings were perfect for me, just what i needed :D

I just started getting the error again, the same one as last time.
It was fine yesterday, after i fixed it.
After a restart it doesnt seem to work.

I installed both scripts again.
Ill try what i did last time but not install Advanced Report and see what that does.

No, no songs were removed.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I don't believe that it has to do with Advanced Report. Although the next version should fix your problem. I'm working on it.

Big_Berny
Miki

More errors

Post by Miki »

Im also getting these 2 errors on startup.

Then
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Ok, thanks!
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi guys,
I just released a new version 1.1 with a lot of changes and fixes. I really hope that it's stable now because the new feature also caused some bugs.

ATTENTION: Due to the SkipCounter-change you have to go to the Optionsheet, enable "reset SkipCounter" and update the library.

If you discover some bugs, just post it. I'll try to fix them as fast as possible.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Miki

Post by Miki »

Thank,s that fixes my problem :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@Miki: Nice to hear! :D
thisyear

Post by thisyear »

Observation. I added a new album to my library and listened to it first on my iPod. I then sync'd my iPod with MM and the album updated to 1 play per song with the last time played being the time during the day. But the songs were not rated by this script (it seems). The songs did not get stars until I played them in MM.

Also, are these ratings transfered to an iPod? Or do the only exist in MM.