Click here to download:
*********************** IMPORTANT ***********************
MonkeyFlow requires version 3.2.0 or higher of MediaMonkey
MonkeyFlow is a 3D interface for browsing your album art, similar to iTunes CoverFlow. I targeted this addon towards multi-core computers with a modern graphics card. It makes heavy use of multiple threads and uses OpenGL hardware acceleration with 4x AA.
Some things to note about the app:
- Before running this on Windows Vista/7 for the first time, you must first run MediaMonkey as administrator in order for the SongsDB COM server to be registered.
- Currently, the app does not detect when albums are modified or removed. You must restart the app for it to refresh the album list.
- The app caches all the art for each album in the %TEMP%/monkeyflow_cache directory. It also creates a log file called monkeyflow.log in the %TEMP% directory.
To install the embedded version, extract the contents of the zip file (MonkeyFlow.exe and MonkeyFlow.vbs) into your MediaMonkey/Scripts/Auto folder.
- Arrow right/left - next/prev album
- Page up/down - Jump 10 albums back/forward
- Home - Jump to first album
- End - Jump to last album
- Mouse wheel - Jump 3 albums back/forward
- Double-click / Enter - Play selected album
- Left-click - Jump to clicked album
- Right-click - Display context menu for additional options
- Escape - Exit application in external mode or exit fullscreen in embedded mode
- Ctrl + [1-6] - Switch to the specified view preset
- Ctrl + Shift + N - Toggle Now Playing mode
- Ctrl + Shift + F - Toggle fullscreen mode
Context menu options:
- Play Now - Play the selected album
- Play Next - Play the selected album after the current track
- Play Last - Add the selected album to the end of the Now Playing list
- Play Shuffle - Randomly insert the selected album into the Now Playing list
- Browse by
- Library - Display albums from entire library
- Tracklist - Display albums from current main track list
- Now Playing - Display albums from current now playing list
- Sort by
- Artist - Sort albums by artist name
- Album - Sort albums by album name
- List Order - Display albums in original list order (only applicable when browsing by Tracklist or Now Playing)
- Appearance - Display panel for adjusting appearance related settings
- Anti-Alias - Enable 4x fullscreen anti-aliasing (must restart MonkeyFlow for changes to take affect)
- Power Save - Reduce GPU usage by drawing less often (animations won't be smooth). Recommended for laptops or low-end graphics cards.
- Show Caption - Show the docking panel caption (only available in embedded mode with MM 3.1 or higher)
- Fullscreen Monitor - Select which monitor to display fullscreen window on (Auto will automatically select monitor based on location of MediaMonkey window)
On the user interface there is a slider at the bottom that allows you to scroll through your album collection.
Clicking the Now Playing button will enter now playing mode and automatically jump to the currently playing album. Manually browsing to another album will exit now playing mode.
Clicking the Fullscreen button will toggle fullscreen/windowed mode.
In fullscreen mode there are controls in the lower left to play/pause and skip to next/prev track.
You can specify additional options by creating a [MonkeyFlow] section in your MediaMonkey.ini with the following values:
- CacheDirectory = Directory to cache album art
- MaxCoverSize = Maximum width or height of cached art. Art above this size will be resized
- ScrollIncrement = Number of albums to increment when scrolling with mouse wheel
- SelectTracksDelay = Delay (in seconds) between cover being selected in MonkeyFlow and tracks displayed in main tracks window (only applicable in embedded mode). Use -1 to prevent MonkeyFlow from modifying main tracks window.
- NowPlayingDelay = Delay (in seconds) between now playing track changing in MediaMonkey and MonkeyFlow jumping to selected album cover.
- AutoHideDelay = Delay (in seconds) for hiding UI elements marked as Auto.
- Font = Font to use for displaying album information.
- Code: Select all
CacheDirectory = C:\MonkeyFlowCache
MaxCoverSize = 400
ScrollIncrement = 1
SelectTracksDelay = 1.0
NowPlayingDelay = 0.0
Font = arialbd.ttf
- MonkeyFlow just shows the initializing screen
Make sure you are running version 3.2.0 or higher of MediaMonkey. If you are using Windows Vista then you need to run MediaMonkey as administrator, then restart MediaMonkey as a normal user and MonkeyFlow should initialize properly.
- MonkeyFlow initializes but all the images show up as blank white squares
MonkeyFlow uses certain OpenGL features that are not supported by older or low-end graphics drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it still doesn't work then you are out of luck. I am working on a work around for this though.
- Beta 1 - (July 25, 2008) Original release
- Beta 2 - (August 1, 2008) Added support for RTL languages, playback controls in fullscreen mode, option to specify cache folder, option to specify max cover size, more logging.
- Beta 3 - (October 3, 2008) Track name displayed in now playing mode, screensaver disabled in fullscreen mode, double-click plays album, ScrollIncrement INI option, small speedup in caching.
- Beta 4 - (November 28, 2008) Added embedded version of MonkeyFlow, cover spacing dynamically adjusts to window size, added context menu for playing album now/next/last/shuffle, window will go fullscreen only on primary monitor.
- Beta 5 - (December 3, 2008) Fixed bug with embedded version where MonkeyFlow would not properly attach itself to docking panel, or would output "invalid flags" error.
- 1.0 - (December 30, 2008) Fixed bug where embedded window would not resize or shutdown properly. Added options to sort covers by album name, turn off anti-aliasing, enable verbose log. Reduced CPU usage when idle. Mouse wheel properly scrolls other MM windows when MonkeyFlow has focus. Albums not in active filter will not be displayed. MonkeyFlow executable extracts files to same folder.
- 1.1 - (March 3, 2009) Update some icons (thanks to gege). Increased brightness of covers. Newly added albums detected. Embedded startup time slightly faster. Text size adjusts to window size. MonkeyFlow works with non-skinned MM. Album art is cached on demand, instead of all at once. Added option for changing foreground/background colors. Added Power Save option. Added Show Caption option. Sort mode is persistent. Accented characters properly sorted.
- 1.2 - (November 22, 2009) Added "Browse by" menu option. Added ability to change view/color/ui settings. Increased startup time. Fixed window offset issue on Vista.
- 1.2.1 - (November 24, 2009) Fixed issue with MonkeyFlow failing to connect to database on startup in certain cases.
- 1.3 - (April 24, 2011) Working with MM4 and improvements to fullscreen mode.