Musicmatch wav tag support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

sunspot42

Post by sunspot42 »

Any chance MediaMonkey could be made to read Musicmatch Jukebox's .wav tag format? I've got 300 gigs of tagged .wav files full of metadata, and now it looks like Yahoo is gonna abandon MMJB in favor of their own crappy iTunes knockoff Yahoo Music Engine. Naturally, it doesn't support Musicmatch's weird .wav tags, either.
MaFt

Post by MaFt »

do you agree that since yahoo got involved, musicmatch has gone shite?!

have you had a look in the musicmatch folder for the meta-data? i assume that the data isn't stored in the actual wav file, it's probably a table of data that musicmatch links to. maybe you could extract that data and then keep it as a copy in case media monkey ever supports something like that?

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
Peke

Post by Peke »

Well, if you find way to isolate that metadata (check Wav File in hex editor) and in case it can be found in WAVE send small one <1Mb to me on E-Mail:
Peke@AT@Mail.DOT.Ru

I'll see what is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sunspot42

Post by sunspot42 »

MaFt wrote:do you agree that since yahoo got involved, musicmatch has gone shite?!
Ayup. Well, to be fair. MMJB wasn't exactly perfect before Yahoo! came on the scene. But I do think it was by far the best package out there (at the time) for assigning metadata to your music collection, and probably the best all in one ripper-tagger-player. In spite of the bugs. But apparently MMJB 10 is a freakin' nightmare, and since Yahoo! took over support has gone from bad to zilch.
MaFt wrote:have you had a look in the musicmatch folder for the meta-data? i assume that the data isn't stored in the actual wav file, it's probably a table of data that musicmatch links to.
MMJB does maintain a library database, but that's not where most of the metadata is stored. MMJB is one of the few programs that writes tags to .wav files. Several media jukeboxes (like the Audiotron, cd3o and Squeezebox) can actually read MMJB wav tags, but I'm not finding any PC software that can read them, let alone convert the files along with their metadata to some other format (like FLAC).

It's a real pity Yahoo! has screwed MMJB up and, apparently, left it for dead. I think they're gonna fail at chasing after iTunes with their "Music Engine" - too many packages (including MediaMonkey) already seem to be well ahead of them in the features department, and you can't get much easier to use than iTunes without becoming useless. If anything, I think users are going to start demanding MORE features - even iTunes is starting to add some complexity behind the scenes.
Sunspot42

Post by Sunspot42 »

Peke wrote:Well, if you find way to isolate that metadata (check Wav File in hex editor) and in case it can be found in WAVE send small one <1Mb to me on E-Mail:
Peke@AT@Mail.DOT.Ru

I'll see what is going on.
e-mail sent. I hope it's not too big - I picked the smallest .wav file I've got.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Got It!
I have located the metadata and I'll see what it can be do as MM allready support some of the MMJB Tags but do not read it corectly as MMJB write it differently than MM expected :)
If there will be other changes to WAVE tagger I'll try to slip it in.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Got It!
I have located the metadata and I'll see what it can be do as MM allready support some of the MMJB Tags but do not read it corectly as MMJB write it differently than MM expected :)
If there will be other changes to WAVE tagger I'll try to slip it in.
That is awesome news! Let me know if you need any additional sample files (for example, files with and without volume leveling data).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you send me ScreenShot of that file proporties in MMJB this can be usefull.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Can you send me ScreenShot of that file proporties in MMJB this can be usefull.
Done. Let me know if that helped, and thanks again.[/img]
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yes it is, but can you send me Screenshots from other tabs too (Lyrics, Notes, Bios, More)?
Then I'll have full reference What is seen in MMJB.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Yes it is, but can you send me Screenshots from other tabs too (Lyrics, Notes, Bios, More)?
Then I'll have full reference What is seen in MMJB.
Done.
Peke

Post by Peke »

:) THX, Now We can see what MMJB see except I still Can't find Where and How MMJB see Volume leveling :( It only say that it is prepared. :(

I have added it to My To-Do and it will be added in some of the future versions of MM.

Thank You again for support.
Best regards,
Peke
Sunspot42

MMJB tag support

Post by Sunspot42 »

I'm seeing there's a new Alpha of MM out there. Any chance MMJB .wav tag support might make it into the next release of MM?
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'll try to fit it before 2.5 final.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

OK I have added some MusicMatch, AudioGrabber and BSI InfoEdit Tag Reeding in MediaMonkey Wave Format Tagger, I hope it will make it in next Alpha so that we can test it while it is still in Alpha.
Best regards,
Peke