Problem Sync'ing Playlists to Galaxy S9

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Scottes

Problem Sync'ing Playlists to Galaxy S9

Post by Scottes »

I have a Galaxy S9, all up to date.
MediaMonkey is running latest, just updated.

I am trying to sync my Playlists, and only my Playlists, to my phone. All but 1 are auto-playlists.

I've configured the sync: Tools... Options... Portable Device Sync... select Galaxy S9... Configure.
Auto-Sync --> Device: Music unchecked, Playlists has many checked
Auto-Sync --> Music: All unchecked

I click on Tools... Sync Device... Auto-Synchronize...
Status bar shows it prepares the list of files, and then I get an error: There isn't enough space on the device to synchronize.
If I click Yes to continue, it starts copying song files. Again, all I want is my Auto-playlists.

If it matters... I've manually pushed songs to the phone by Ripping them to MP3s and then copying them to the phone's SD card. MM has no issues seeing/playing any of the songs.

If the sync'ing isn't possible, are there instructions somewhere on how to create auto playlists within MM on the phone? I simply cannot figure it out by poking around on the phone.
Lowlander

Re: Problem Sync'ing Playlists to Galaxy S9

Post by Lowlander »

You can't just sync Playlist files, it will always want to sync the files on the Playlists as well. However if the files are already on the device it shouldn't sync them again.

Which version of MMA and MMW are you running?

Long press on a file will enable the option to add it to a Playlist in most areas of MMA. This can be a button or in the 3 dots menu depending on where you are. MMA doesn't support AutoPlaylists yet (perhaps with MMA 2.0+ it will be added).
Scottes

Re: Problem Sync'ing Playlists to Galaxy S9

Post by Scottes »

Thanks for the reply Lowlander. That answers all questions that I might get to, and tells me that MMA won't do what I'd like. Oh well, that's not a huge deal to be honest. It would have been nice, but no loss.