Gold Version Features
'Collections' allow large media libraries to be segmented, customized and managed independently. For example Classical Music, Jazz, Kids Music, Home videos, TV, etc. can each configured with custom views and playback rules. For example, a Classical Music collection can be configured to display a Conductor node and an Original Year column, and play with cross-fading disabled, whereas Contemporary Music wouldn't.
MediaMonkey gives you all the tools you need to manage large music / movie collections.
Automatically organize and rename audio / video files on your hard drive into a logical hierarchy of your choice according to a set of rules that you define. Classical music can be organized by Composer and Home Videos by Date and MediaMonkey will take care of organizing them automatically as a background process.
Create advanced AutoPlaylists which automatically generate a music mix to suit your mood. Just define practically any set of criteria and the mix is automatically created.
Synchronize Advanced Playlist with Portable Devices, giving you the perfect tool for rapidly downloading a subset of your collection to your device. For example, you can choose to sync a random subset totalling 256 MB of music that match a defined set of criteria.
For the average user, creating a music mix and synching it couldn't be easier.
Auto-conversion allows you to automatically sync, share (over DLNA) or burn tracks, converting tracks on-the-fly to a format that is supported by your iPod/iPhone or other portable device or CD/DVD/DLNA player, while retaining all metadata.
Auto-conversion can also convert tracks to lower bitrates to make more effective use of the limited storage capacity on a portable device. This is especially useful for lossless music collections, which can't fit on a portable device.
In addition, Auto-leveling levels track volume on-the-fly so that tracks play at a steady volume on CDs/DVDs and on devices that don't support volume leveling (i.e. most devices besides iPods).
Secure Ripping detects when a CD has been damaged and throttles the disc's rotation until it is sufficiently slow to deliver identical reads on at least 2 occasions. Once a disc has been ripped, MediaMonkey can validate that it was bit-perfect by comparing the resultant data to that of the AccurateRip database.
MediaMonkey delivers professional quality ripping in consumer-friendly software.
- Automatically lookup Artwork and lyrics so that you don't have to. MediaMonkey can also download the metadata without updating the tags so that it isn't saved until you approve.
- Find music with advanced search functionality that digs through your collection to find tracks according to almost any criteria that you can think of. Search for Composer, Year, Beats per minute; find Lyrics, etc. and stop pulling your hair out trying to find music you know you have.
- Encode unlimited MP3s without having to manually install a new MP3 encoder (the free version of MediaMonkey includes a time-limited LAME MP3 encoder. If you’re so inclined, you can manually replace it with the free LAME encoder, or you can just upgrade to MediaMonkey Gold).
- Catalog your physical CDs and use the Virtual CD feature to keep track of what CDs you own and at the same time see which subset of tracks from those CDs are copied to your hard drive. Instead of tracking your CDs and tracks separately, the virtual CD function gives you an integrated view..
- Import and save audio tracks from Audio CDs and MP3 CDs with unprecedented flexibility using the Virtual CD. It allows you to sample tracks from various sources, select which ones you want to import, and then import and save the files in a single operation.
- Create Previews, short samples of audio tracks, that you can use when trying to decide which audio files you want to add to your collection.
- Use a Sleep Timer to play your music, gradually fade it over a set period of time, and then turn off your PC — perfect for listening to tunes before you go to sleep.
- Burn CDs at the maximum speed permitted by your hardware.