- 1 General
- 2 Player
- 3 Other Podcatch clients - iTunes
- 4 Subscriptions
- 4.1 Can I import subscriptions from another podcast client such as iTunes?
- 4.2 Can I automatically subscribe all my imported subscriptions?
- 4.3 Can I remove undownloaded episodes from a subcription?
- 4.4 Can I mark an episode as played?
- 4.5 What are the gray subscriptions?
- 4.6 What causes dead subscriptions?
- 4.7 How can I remove a dead subscription?
- 4.8 How can I revive a dead subscription?
- 4.9 How can I change a Subscription's feed URL?
Do I need MediaMonkey Gold to get podcasts?
No. All podcast features are included in the Standard version.
Does MediaMonkey support video podcasts?
No. At this time only audio podcast episodes are supported. MM can neither download or play non-audio episodes.
The warning message "Episodes are in an unsupported file type" will appear if you attempt to subscribe to a podcast feed containing non-audio items.
Is podcast support available with MM2?
No. This is a new function with MM3.
Is more information available?
Does MediaMonkey remember the point at which I was playing a podcast episode?
Yes. MM let's you pause and later resume podcasts and audio books.
Other Podcatch clients - iTunes
How do I export an OPML directory from iTunes?
Use iTunes File -> Export and save the OPML file.
Use MM3 Edit -> Podcasts -> Add Directory(OPML) to import the saved file. This should create a new "iTunes Subscribed Feeds" entry in the Podcast Subscriptions -> Podcast Directories tree node.
Where are the iTunes podcast episode files?
iTunes stores podcasts in a "Podcasts" sub-folder of it's iTunes Music Folder.
The iTunes Music Folder location is set in iTunes -> Edit -> Preferences:Advanced:General:iTunes music folder location.
How do I mark a subscription as "Do not autodelete"?
Uncheck delete options in Edit Subscription or Add Subscription.
How do I mark an episode as "Do not autodelete"?
Rate the episode and check do not delete if rated option in Edit Subscription.
How do I use chapters in an Enhanced AAC feed?
MM does not support this function.
Can I import subscriptions from another podcast client such as iTunes?
Can I automatically subscribe all my imported subscriptions?
No. Subscriptions must be individually subscribed. The easiest way to subsribe is to right-click each subsription in the directory and select "Subscribe".
Can I remove undownloaded episodes from a subcription?
This is not supported in 3.0
3.1 (in early beta as of 2008-12-14) adds new support to "Show Removed Episodes" via a new global option in Tools->Options->Podcast and per subscription via Edit Subscription.
Can I mark an episode as played?
Maybe. MM does not include this function, but, add-on scripts are available. Answer will be updated after scripts tested with MM3.
What are the gray subscriptions?
These are subscriptions which are not currently updated. They are also called "dead" subscriptions.
What causes dead subscriptions?
1. Unsubscribe a feed and keep episodes.
2. Import podcast episodes that do not match an existing subscription's podcast name.
3. Change in podcast name by feed publisher.
How can I remove a dead subscription?
Unsubscribe the subscription and delete all episodes.
How can I revive a dead subscription?
Edit the subscription and enter the feed's URL.
How can I change a Subscription's feed URL?
1. Unsubscribe (without deleting episodes).
2. Edit the subscription and enter the feed's URL, or
3. Subscribe to new podcast with new feed URL.