I am ripping my CD collection using dBpoweramp. For each CD that I rip, I enter information into a "CONTENTGROUP" tag and into a "PUBLISHER" tag. Using TagScanner I am able to verify that these tags are correct for each song that is ripped, however when I open up MediaMonkey the "Grouping" and "Publisher" columns have no information.
What I've tried to do to test out the problem was open up the properties box for a song in MediaMonkey and add information into the "Grouping" and "Publisher" fields, then re-check the metadata in TagScanner. The metadata is updated but the only information that is shown in MediaMonkey is the information that I added through MediaMonkey.
For example, a given CD receives the following tags:
CONTENTGROUP: Pop Punk
PUBLISHER: Interscope Records
After ripping these tags are verified using TagScanner.
When I open MediaMonkey up (and after it has re-scanned my files), both the Grouping field and the Publisher field are empty for every song on the album, so next I open up the properties box for the first song in the album and in the "Grouping" field I type in "Test Group" and in the "Publisher" field I type in "Test Publisher" apply the changes and close MediaMonkey. Next I re-open TagScanner and re-scan the CD, the tags in TagScanner now show:
CONTENTGROUP: Pop Punk; Test Group
PUBLISHER: Interscope Records; Test Publisher
So this seems to mean that I should see these values in MediaMonkey, but when re-opening MediaMonkey and letting it re-scan my files, the "Test Group" and "Test Publisher" are still the only values that are shown.
Any help or insight would be appreciated! I would really like to find a way to just see the metadata that is already in the files in MediaMonkey, and if I need to re-rip with corrected tags or if I need to edit tags in TagScanner I am prepared to do that, but from my testing it looks like I am using the correct tags but MediaMonkey is ignoring the original data for some reason.
FLAC metadata tags not loading [#15399]
Moderator: Gurus
Re: FLAC metadata tags not loading
https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... erties/4.0
show GROUPING and ORGANIZATION is used by MediaMonkey for these values.
show GROUPING and ORGANIZATION is used by MediaMonkey for these values.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: FLAC metadata tags not loading
Thanks for that link, I'll try using GROUPING instead of CONTENTGROUP and ORGANIZATION instead of PUBLISHER and see how it goes.
Re: FLAC metadata tags not loading
Asked to look into reading those tags if the ones MediaMonkey uses are empty: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15399
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: FLAC metadata tags not loading [#15399]
Unfortunately things are bit more complicated than simple adding support.
More info I have found at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 399#c52336
More info I have found at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 399#c52336
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts